Game running too fast?

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Game running too fast?

Post by entropicdecay »

It seems like Commander Genius is running faster than it should be? Here's a video to demonstrate:

https://youtu.be/kIRhII5KfUI
Zilem
Vortininja

Re: Game running too fast?

Post by Zilem »

It's like the Torbo bottom is on XD

You know the thing old PC's have where they'd run faster if pressed
what a Blast from the past Image
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

After trying out the newest version, I'm still having the same problem. Interface text also looks blurry/pixelated.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

In the page with the video you linked to, gerstrong left a comment:
gerstrong wrote:Looks strange. Did you try enabling vsync?
I don't think I've ever had any speed issues with Commander Genius, even when I just downloaded a fresh zip archive of version 1.9.9.8 from the website. I downloaded the newest version, but the program wouldn't load for me (it says it's not compatible with my version of Windows).
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Quillax wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:49 In the page with the video you linked to, gerstrong left a comment:
IIRC I did try enabling vsync and it didn't make a difference. But I can try it on this new version next time I try it out.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Quillax wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:49 In the page with the video you linked to, gerstrong left a comment:
I don't think I've ever had any speed issues with Commander Genius, even when I just downloaded a fresh zip archive of version 1.9.9.8 from the website. I downloaded the newest version, but the program wouldn't load for me (it says it's not compatible with my version of Windows).
Which Windows version are you using? Just tested Version 3.4.9 and no problems. Even in a VirtualBox with Windows 10 it ran smoothly here.
Having fun developing stuff...
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Windows 10.

Edit: Okay, strangely, turning vsync off actually seems to pretty much fix the speed issue. With vsync, I get around 140-ish FPS, without, about 62.5.

The text looking pixelated in the launcher I don't know if there's a fix for. Should I record footage?

Edit 2: Oh. Okay. Looks like the pixelation issue is fixed too, but I can't tell what changed. The issue was the resolution setting under "launcher" in the options, but before when I tried to change that, it reset upon exiting out of that section of the options menu... until suddenly it didn't and I was able to set it to 1920x1080, making the text look clear and non-pixelated.