Original tilesets for Keen 1-6, so that users can modify (custom recolored VGA tilesets for Keen 4-6 avaiable here)

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
Gagster
Vortininja

Re: Original tilesets for Keen 1-6, so that users can modify (custom recolored VGA tilesets for Keen 4-6 avaiable here)

Post by Gagster »

Thanks. It would be nice if you would want to put those pictures on the webpage, feel free to do so :)
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Re: Original tilesets for Keen 1-6, so that users can modify (custom recolored VGA tilesets for Keen 4-6 avaiable here)

Post by gerstrong »

Having fun developing stuff...
passion4pins
Meep

Post by passion4pins »

Wonderful work Gagster- just gorgeous on a big screen. HQP27 working great now in Commader Genius on my Retropie. Big thumbs up!
Gagster
Vortininja

Post by Gagster »

Thanks; I'm glad you like it :)
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Wow! Those VGA tilesets look fantastic! You did a great job with this, Gagster!

The games now really have a Looney Tunes vibe, which is interesting since Tom Hall was inspired by Chuck Jones' cartoons! Okay, the EGA tilesets looked a bit Looney Tunes-ish, but the resemblance is stronger with these VGA tilesets.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Gagster
Vortininja

Post by Gagster »

Thanks, glad you like the Tilesets.

I never thought about the Keen games having a Looney Tunes vibe (I watched those cartoons in my childhood on Cartoon Network), but I suppose a richer color palette can enhance the cartoony vibes in the Tilesets :)