Commander Genius (CKP) V0.2.9.9 Now out!

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

You're really spending a lot of time thinking about the scores do you Spleen?

Well, I also think keeping the done marker would be better. As for another indication, I've got the feeling that might be problematic with some mods. Because which tiles would be used for that indication, and how they would look in any mod is not predictable.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Yes, I'm really trying to get that point across. It's something that's always bugged me, that the scores are pretty much meaningless in the right circumstances.

As for the Done markers... having a flags option would be nice, but only for mods that actually use the flags patch. For the rest, normal marker behaviour would be preferable, IMKO.
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

I do believe that Spleen is right, although I think that if you could make it determine whether or not a mod is being used, then you could simply apply the flag thing to only the regular ones, and let the others have their fun!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

A lot of ideas, but a lot of work to realize all that.

However...

I now have released version 0.2.9.8. Unfortunenately the Sourceforge seems to have problems again. It doesn't show the downloads. We'll have to wait.

If it is seen, check the sourceforge downloads page to play it with the most recent version. Our webpage will continue showing up 0.2.9.7 for now.

Changes are:
- More resolutions and you can set your own one in genius.cfg
- Switches should work in EP1 and 3 if available. (For mods)
- Level replayability as feature added!
- fixed some minor issues
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Here comes the next try.

Version 0.2.9.9

After the big bug with the pogo in 0.2.9.8, this version seems more promising to me. it also should be faster now...

Check it out, and get this one, if you have the buggy 0.2.9.8. I really recommend it!