Multiplayer Help

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
Some Vorticon
Grunt

Multiplayer Help

Post by Some Vorticon »

I really want to use the multiplayer option, but can't really seem to get it to work. I've been able to turn it on, but both of the characters will both follow the same movements. I have a separate keyboard, but it does the same thing. I've gone to change the controls for each player, but the selection icon disappears, and freezes until I press something. While writing this, I had an idea of what I might need to do, but still, I'd appreciate any help.

Sorry if the answer is painfully obvious, hopefully I'll figure it out. :dead2
Some Vorticon
Grunt

Re: Multiplayer Help

Post by Some Vorticon »

Update: My method didn't work, but since I actually got to look at the screen this time, it helped out. I can see the "Movement" and "Buttons" options, as well as selecting them, but when I do, nothing happens. Got any ideas?
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

It seems to me you have to reset your config. Delete the cgenius.cfg file and try again.

Multiplayer is enabled by default. You just have to select how many will play the game. Do you want use a second keyboard? I really recommend using gamepads. Not sure if multiple keyboards work on OSes in general.

Not sure if I got your problem. Can show a video of your problem? Also please try CGenius 2.5.3. It has more controls to configure than any previous version.
Having fun developing stuff...
Some Vorticon
Grunt

Post by Some Vorticon »

Thank you. Downloading the newest version fixed the problem.