Commander Genius Version v0.3.1 - When will it be released

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Commander Genius Version v0.3.1 - When will it be released

Post by gerstrong »

Here is a small preview of an prealpha-version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trppVHHUaxY

Some much time has passed so many features we have implemented. Not even a 20% you will see in this video, but here comes a small peek in. :-)

When it will be released I cannot tell, but don't worry, it won't be vaporware like Duke4ever ;-)

We are really working hard on it (not only me) and you can assure we will get to our goal.

The next release will bring a lot of great features. Be patient!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

It could just be me, but it seems as if Keen's jumping physics got worse in the video... Of course I can't really tell yet as it's not out yet, and I'm watching the video in a horizontally stretched manner.

The new saving system looks awesome. Much more like 4-6.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

You're quite right. At this very moment the physics are horrible, I hope they'll be at least restored to the old level of quality soon...
Image You crack me up little buddy!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

The physics are very bad, I know. I removed a lot of variables to get a better control over the code. Also I did that, because the new engine couldn't work with the old routine. It was far too slow for it.

We won't release it until the physics are much better, I promise...
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

Don't worry, you will get a test version with these physics, but the full release of v0.3.1.0 should have physics better than v0.3.0.4 had. When we release the test version I would like someone to screen record themselves playing through the game using CG and then record themselves playing through the whole thing using DOSBox and then send us the videos. We also want as many people to play through and compqre the physics to the original and tell us what we need to change. I'll create a topic for that when we release thd test version, and I want anyone who records videos to send them directly to us, I'll post the email address when we release that version. So after we get this test version that supports the first game working we will shift our focus the physics and do everything we can to make them identical to the original, but we need your input! Once we've done that we will shift back to adding in Keens 2 and 3 and once those are implemented we will polish it up a little and release it. In other words, v0.3.1.0 will be a while in coming. But as you can see from the video, we are close to releasing a new partial version.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Looks amazing non the less!!!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The save feature totally nerfs the difficulty. Not like anyone's complaining! :foot :yorp
(hint: keen smile /hint)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

You quite hit the nail on the head there VikingBoyBilly, I'm very much looking forward to playing the Oracle Janitor Trilogy with CG, because of that in level saving
Image You crack me up little buddy!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

It's up to you, if you want to save or not and the past versions also supported inlevel saving. The difference was that there were slots instead of the new menu feature.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

I started a discussion about those VGA-Tiles we still haven't released:

http://clonekeenplus.neejean.org/index.php?showtopic=34

Tell us, what you think...
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Testing preview:

Hi, I have uploaded a version for testers. It's not even an alpha version, so be careful when using it. It has a lot of bugs.

It just will give you a preview of some great features we will provide.

Don't get impacient! We are working very hard on a better version:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clonekeenplus/files/

Have fun and tell us what you think!

P.S.: For the porters. Please don't use this version for a port. When we release something much better, I'll let you know. The official release will be 0.3.0.4 as it was the last three months.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Maybe you could have physics able to be set from game to game? (Of course, then the "default settings" would have to be included to run the originals.)
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

I don't really understand what you mean, but in future we will read physical value form the exe files