10 years on

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: 10 years on

Post by Quillax »

Nospike wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:01 Keen will forever be one of my favorite game franchises and it's only fitting that it has such a splendid fanbase full of talent.
I totally agree with you there! Of all the fanbases I've seen, the Commander Keen fanbase produces some of the highest quality homemade stuff ever! The mods alone generally range from good to masterpieces! Masterpieces like Yorphius II, the XkyKeens, Lego Keen, Ceilick's unofficial The Universe Is Toast, Atroxian Realm, Commander Keen: Sunset, Onward: Silcar, Bananasauros, Commander Keen XMAS 2010, and so much more! Let's also not forget the neat Keen sites like CC314, DOS Classics, and the official Dopefish site; the promising but sadly unfinished Rule of a Yorp's Dinner and Isis II; the well-done Shadowlands animated series; TMST's awesome artwork; the wonderfully fun NetKeen; and the brilliantly recreated source codes! Even Commander Keen 2000, as amateurish as it may seem, is still very fun to play to this day if you know how to work with the engine's quirks! I'm truly glad to be part of this fantastic community -- we're quite lucky to have so many talented people! Tom Hall had really struck gold with Billy! :)
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

I remember thinking a long time ago that the "PCKF" was a place that physically existed which people worked at... :rolleyes I hadn't heard of internet forums before at that point, so I didn't really have anything to go off of.
I started lurking this forum directly back in 2018.
weareeletric
Grunt

Post by weareeletric »

In moments like this you realise how fast the years are going. I hope you had an amazing time the past 10 years and many more ahead.
Last edited by weareeletric on Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:51, edited 1 time in total.