What Music Are You Listening To?

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: What Music Are You Listening To?

Post by Quillax »

I've been listening to good ol' rock 'n roll music of the 50s, like Tequila, Yakety Yak, and We're Gonna Rock Around The Clock! Good stuff!
Soul Monster wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 0:57 And also, since it's that time of year, I've been listening to the soundtrack to the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special.
Oh yeah, that's also really good! I remember listening to it very often last year!
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Monochromatic Black- Vicissitude, the new album comes out on 11-26. I pre-ordered it and got it a week early.
What is Directive X_M?
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

Quillax wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:03 I've been listening to good ol' rock 'n roll music of the 50s, like Tequila, Yakety Yak, and We're Gonna Rock Around The Clock! Good stuff!
Always classics! There's so much nostalgia to that era of rock n' roll.
Oh yeah, that's also really good! I remember listening to it very often last year!
Me too! Listening to it almost daily right now!

EDIT: Just downloaded my own copy off of YouTube.
Syllypryde wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 15:34 Monochromatic Black- Vicissitude, the new album comes out on 11-26. I pre-ordered it and got it a week early.
Isn't that crazy? I had the same experience a couple months ago. Not only did I get my album 4 days before its release, but it also came with a signed 5x5 of the cover art.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Soul Monster wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:05 Isn't that crazy? I had the same experience a couple months ago. Not only did I get my album 4 days before its release, but it also came with a signed 5x5 of the cover art.
Who was it and where did you order the pre-lease?
What is Directive X_M?
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Saw New Order for the second time, in the O2 in London, a couple of weeks ago. Love their shows as they're filled with positivity and performed at a high quality. It feels slightly odd that there is a parallel Peter Hook and the Light, both outfits laying claim to the Joy Division and New Order lineage. It was great to enjoy a reintroduction to the world of live music, and in fact in the same week as seeing them I also went to see a much more up-and-coming shoegaze outfit called Bdrmm who put on a great show. They just have one album out and I'd recommend a listen on spotify. Their sound seems to synthesise that mysterious early 80s sound (Seventeen Seconds type stuff) into an otherwise 90s-rooted aesthetic.

Other than that I'm seeking energy from the proto- and post- punk eras to propel me through the dourness of winter and these mediocre times. Eclectic bundle of artists on regular rotation include The Jam, Squeeze, the Stooges, Wipers, Wire, Celtic Frost, R.E.M. and the Cro-Mags.

I find Adele's music generally of little interest to me but I applaud her insistence on respect for the full length album on streaming platforms. I hope this somehow helps that medium continue to exist in the wider public consciousness.
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

Syllypryde wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 14:59 Who was it and where did you order the pre-lease?
It was for Myles Kennedy's new album The Ides Of March. Pre-ordered it off his website for like $20 total.

Also, it's cool that more people are starting to post in this thread now. Hope it keeps up like this.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Currently listening to Dean Martin music. Man, what a good singer! Prior to that, I was listening to killer MP3s of songs from Dead in the Desert, Battle of the Brains, and Atroxian Realm. Like Soul Monster, it's great to see more people post here!
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
The Shifted One
Grunt

Post by The Shifted One »

Soul Monster wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 18:42 Lately I've been listening to Buckethead's 31 Days 'Til Halloween series. Back in October 2015, Buckethead released 1 album a day for a month counting down to Halloween, and they're a collection of dark, ambient albums that would sound perfect in a haunted house. To be honest, I think they get kind of generic at times, and there's some that I have a really hard time sitting through, but there's still some gems in them, and it's like having an advent calendar for Halloween.

EDIT: I've been listening to some of these while reading H.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe stories or working on Halloween artwork, and they actually work well to enhance the atmosphere.
I'm a huge fan of Buckethead's music and that series really does stand out for its atmosphere.
Glad to see there are more people that can appreciate it!

I'm currently listening to Песни смерти by Путь (Pesni Smerti by Put, translated "Death songs by Path").
If atmospheric Russian black metal is your thing I can really recommend this one to you ;)
Existence is futile!
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

The Shifted One wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:57 ......I'm currently listening to Песни смерти by Путь (Pesni Smerti by Put, translated "Death songs by Path").
If atmospheric Russian black metal is your thing I can really recommend this one to you ;)
If you're into Russian metal, have you ever heard a band named Dehydrated?
What is Directive X_M?