Fleex & Markeen's Keen 5 Level Pack

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Fleex & Markeen's Keen 5 Level Pack

Post by Roobar »

So here are some more thoughts about this level pack (and more about Markeen lol).

Perhaps I'll be pointing the obvious: at certain point you know when a level is randomly generated. Once you know it, you know it. That certain point is quite early. Even though all levels look completely random, some designs begin to re-apper. The overall structure of the levels as well. Obviously at some places you tried to break the design with some more unique places or puzzles. But what especially bothered me is that you intentionally left most of the pick up items as randomly placed. If you have placed them in more common structures, it would have been more convincing that this was not that randomly generated and more keen-ish level pack.

As for the levels, there was one big one that was probably the most confusing one I've played. I've bested it, but there were so many secret places or places that you didn't even had to go, that at one point I was like "ok whatever, I just want to beat the level asap".

Another confusing part is the doors. Sometimes you don't know which doors you open. Admittedly, I was partly guilty of few puzzles my self in PCIX and it's partly of keen design flaw itself as well. But here is a lot common and can be confusing or annoying in big levels.

Overall, I don't really know how to feel about this pack. On one hand it obviously could save a ton of work for designers. But on the other hand they would also need to break the monotony flaw and add a lot of their own work to make it feel keen-ish enough. And despite some design flaws, I'm glad you released it in that raw form, without too much changes, so everyone can know what to expect from MarkeenπŸ‘

Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Syllypryde wrote: ↑Thu Jan 13, 2022 21:20 Of course those mods are outside-the-box mods. I was referring to mods that use the same gameplay as the originals, but break the rules Ceilick had written.
I see. Out of interest, how would you categorise Bernies mods with this specification in mind?
Fleexy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 14, 2022 22:46 Perhaps in the future, after much more development, it may be more difficult to distinguish the contribution of Markeen's random process from that of a human level designer. :confused
that probably depends on the human level designer, doesn't it? :O
Fleexy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 14, 2022 22:46 You're doing really well! A lot of this level, including the yellow and red keys, is optional. Getting the mines from the upper left (or even the one from the lower left, though that's tricky) to the original area is sufficient; the rest of the level is just there for optional extra challenge or in case all the previous mines get exploded too soon.
this place is huge and a really is a confusing level, especially when your task is to lure those bombs to the right place. I mean, you have to have a decent mental map of this level to reach your goal. It might look like knew what I was doing in the recording, but actually I was proceeding more in a manner of trail and error... IMO the optional path consumes to much space. though I have to admit that I like the strategy of having multiple options to reach the final goal. what could be done better? mmm... maybe have like two sections. the first task could be to find and open a certain door. behind that door there is a bigger space with a number of areas where you could collect a bomb or two to blow this place. like as if you would separate two sections. I mean, those mines right in the middle of the level will take ages to navigate towards the main target, given that you don't get lost along the way. again, we as level designers know the whole map and can connect things the player just can't.
Fleexy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 14, 2022 22:46 If you're referring to the extra accessible 1x1 space "above" the defense tunnel corridors, I think this happens in the original game too. The blocking "security door" foreground tiles on the world map have to be covered by $D0xx infoplane values to be removed once the level is complete, but those values always set the foreground to the zero tile, leaving both spaces empty.
yeah, the original game also came with this "bug". I'm pretty certain that this is fixable. at least I vaguely remember that I accomplished that in on of my previous mods
Roobar wrote: ↑Sun Jan 16, 2022 15:09 Overall, I don't really know how to feel about this pack. On one hand it obviously could save a ton of work for designers. But on the other hand they would also need to break the monotony flaw and add a lot of their own work to make it feel keen-ish enough. And despite some design flaws, I'm glad you released it in that raw form, without too much changes, so everyone can know what to expect from Markeen
I'm not sure if your criticism meets the overall goal of this pack. I always had the impression that this levelpack is more about a new attempt of thinking about level designing in general. the "surprise factor" brings - like Syllypryde mentioned - something new and refreshing to the table. And Fleex also noted that he was trying to keep things as true to the random output of the autonomous level generator as possible. But you are right, if you really wanted to present something more rounded and less edgy, you might wanna use Markeen only as a source for inspiration but not as a rule book that dictates every inch and bit.
out now (link) : Image
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Nisaba wrote: ↑Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:32 I see. Out of interest, how would you categorise Bernies mods with this specification in mind?
Which of Ceilick's Ten Commandments have Bernie's mods violated?

1. Thou shalt never create a room within a level with no escape, or with no escape but death.

2. Thou shalt never use more than one of each of the four key gem colors in a single level.

7. Thou shalt never be more confusing than necessary with doors. This entails, but is not limited to, making door puzzles longer than four rooms, having more than 2 doors in a level when said doors link to areas that otherwise reachable by not entering doors, and using more than two doors to separate any single key gem and corresponding key gem holder more than once in a single level.

8. Thou shalt always include SGA letters or an indicator of some kind as to what a switch affects if the affected area is in another room or section of the level.

9. Thou shalt never leave more than three fourths of a screens area of space devoid of accessibility.

10. Thou shalt never forget to place enough ammo, although too much ammo is an equitable sin.

Apocryphal 11. Thou shalt never use more than three enemy sprites in a screen sized room, unless they can fly. More may be added as the room size increases.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Syllypryde wrote: ↑Tue Jan 18, 2022 19:18 Which of Ceilick's Ten Commandments have Bernie's mods violated?
Oh, I wasn't thinking of any rule violations in particular. I just though it would be interesting to know how you see those mods and whether or not you have the impression that they bend or even break certain rules.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Always nice to see a new release! I've typically never been a fan of random generation in games, but this made for a distinct approach to Keen modding that I had to check out. I finished a playthrough on easy to see what these levels would be like. Overall, I find them to simultaneously be very interesting and not very interesting at all. The idea of using random generation as a foundation for a levelpack is really neat to see explored, but I think it also illustrates why AI can't really replace a human designer (at least not yet).

I agree about the "alien" feel of some of these levels. They evoke a strange feeling, as though exploring a psychedelic Keen 5 dreamscape. That said, I didn't find many of the levels to actually be very compelling, as the sprawling designs tended to blend together. The one level that did stand out to me was Setup Bootstrapper. I'm not sure that its level design was really all that different, but the space aesthetic gave it a unique feel from the others and the generic Keen 5 aesthetic. There were also some neat self-contained ideas throughout the mod that were clearly a human touch.

I find the biggest thing lacking in this iteration of random generation is interesting macro level structures. I like playing and designing levels with distinct concepts and architectural ideas. As of now, this type of random generation kind of just creates noise that seems hard to stitch together into a more interesting form. Though, it makes me wonder if you could program Markeen to adopt more advanced level design forms based on methodologies employed by different level designers. Although I don't use the same process for every level I create, I do have certain processes I tend to use frequently.

For example, I often start with a high-level geometric form in mind (usually symmetrical). From there, I can carve out individual rooms or spaces. Some rooms I design with the purpose of being aesthetically pleasing, and others serve as self-contained challenges or puzzle rooms. As I fill out a level, I'll start to imagine various ways to connect those individual rooms to create interesting level flows. Often, it takes hours of trial and error and banging my head against the wall until ideas click and the level eventually comes together. This greatly oversimplifies the process of creating a level (and certainly isn't my only approach), but it does make me wonder if a generator could employ an approach based on a more rigid methodology. That said, I doubt I could design an algorithm that would effectively emulate the improvisation and intuition I use when designing.

The mention of game design rules is also somewhat interesting. I certainly haven't followed all of Ceilick's rules, but I have plenty of my own rules and idiosyncrasies. For example, I try to ensure that any level edge that's part of an indoor space is enclosed by at least one full solid tile on all sides, unless it's a level entrance/exit or a bottomless pit. I noticed several places in this pack where you could touch the level border, which is something I personally would change. I suppose it might be worthwhile to compile my own design rules some day.

A few other notes:
- I ran into what is probably a bug in the second to last level. After returning through a door I had previously entered, I was teleported to Korath Station (presumably because of a bad infoplane value) and was able to skip the rest of the level
- The use of the fast-moving mines in the final level was interesting and seems like a concept I'd be interested in seeing explored further. With The Alphamatic, I considered the idea of the final level involving more complicated pathing of mines, but it just seemed too difficult to pull off
- The opening of York Slipes with the slicestar moving across the slopes was pretty neat. Seems like another idea that'd be fun to explore more
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 - The opening of York Slipes with the slicestar moving across the slopes was pretty neat. Seems like another idea that'd be fun to explore more
I have the impression that Markeen develops its strength especially in the production of previously unthought-of structures and unusual shapes. You mentioned the place with the long slant and the slicestar. That's a good example that points out that Markeen is quite capable of generating new ideas. However, I believe that in the end it takes human creativity to filter out certain set pieces and put them together into something new.
Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 I certainly haven't followed all of Ceilick's rules, but I have plenty of my own rules and idiosyncrasies. [...] I suppose it might be worthwhile to compile my own design rules some day.
That would certainly be of highest interest and informative for the community, as your style of level development differs greatly from most if not all Keen modders around. It would not only be exciting to gain further insight into your creative process, but also horizon broadening for one or the other game developer. I for one definitely look forward to it.

If we talk about rules, I have imposed some myself, for example, never to use an idea twice. Another of my rules is that each level has to follow its own theme or general new idea. Also, each level map should have something that has not been used in other mods before. This can be a set of graphics, an unique challenge idea, a new type of enemy, a fresh mechanic, a puzzle, and so on. This rule is incredibly restrictive, but at the same time it challenges and encourages the creative process immensely. In a sense, this rule forces to bend or even override certain forum rules on game design.
Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 As I fill out a level, I'll start to imagine various ways to connect those individual rooms to create interesting level flows.
This is an exciting approach. I, on the other hand, follow a completely different approach. Most of the time I have a vague idea where the journey could go. The starting point can be a certain color concept, a shape (towers, open field, zigzag courses). But in fact, I let myself be surprised by my own intermediate results and react to certain smaller spaces or areas that I have already tinkered with. Then I move areas from right to left, or copy them to a completely different level, depending on whether they can develop their quality more here or there.
But the first rule I always follow is the question if this or that is useful for the very narrative of the level. Because in the end, each level should tell its own narrative, its unique story, be it in a subtle way or in the most direct form. In my opinion it is really valuable to give the players a narrative for each and every level map that unfolds an indirect story line or theme in their heads, so that they can make sense of what sort of place this is, and what mood it conveys.
Ideally, all of this trigger certain emotions, creates a certain mood that I can put the players in. If I succeed in doing that, I've done everything right. However, this task is not easy, as you could imagine.
Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 Often, it takes hours of trial and error and banging my head against the wall until ideas click and the level eventually comes together.
So damn true!

Re Markeen. So the bottom line is that I would use or abuse Markeen by looking for surprising structures that force me to develop a new idea around them. However, I would rigorously rip these elements together and break away from keeping the hard guidelines of Markenen as far as the overall level structure is concerned.

ps.: The thing is that very few of you have seen my results for FitF yet. But I'm looking forward to discuss them intensively as soon as my mod is released, as I'm very much interested in your guys opinions. Your constructive criticism is very valuable to me to get a deeper understanding of what game design is all about
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Nisaba wrote: ↑Tue Jan 18, 2022 22:01 Oh, I wasn't thinking of any rule violations in particular. I just though it would be interesting to know how you see those mods and whether or not you have the impression that they bend or even break certain rules.
He did bend and break several rules in those 2 mods. I like both mods for the most part, but it became apparent later on that Bernie did little to playtest. Both mods were insanely difficult on normal and I couldn't get very far on either with hard. He had a lot of outside-the-box ideas that did work well, and he had a very good original story in my opinion. It was apparent it was supposed to be a trilogy. I wished he would have committed to it.
Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 Always nice to see a new release! I've typically never been a fan of random generation in games, but this made for a distinct approach to Keen modding that I had to check out. I finished a playthrough on easy to see what these levels would be like. Overall, I find them to simultaneously be very interesting and not very interesting at all. The idea of using random generation as a foundation for a levelpack is really neat to see explored, but I think it also illustrates why AI can't really replace a human designer (at least not yet).
You do bring up and interesting point here. This is the first time I have played levels that were randomly generated. Though I did notice some sameness here and there, they didn't feel too redundant for the most part. However, if Markeen became the norm for future level designing, I can see that the levels could get stale before too long. In contrast, the evolving human minds could keep the levels fresh and exciting with new ideas, or even older ideas taken a step or two further, or taken into a new direction.
Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 The use of the fast-moving mines in the final level was interesting and seems like a concept I'd be interested in seeing explored further. With The Alphamatic, I considered the idea of the final level involving more complicated pathing of mines, but it just seemed too difficult to pull off
The Alphamatic being a sequel to Atroxian Realm I imagined there would be more references to the game it was following. The names of the 4 defense tunnels, At, Ro, Xi, and An were a nice touch, but for the final level I thought it would have been really cool to see actual Atroxians there, with Keen 5 animations of course, giving these enemies a new dynamic. Graphics wise you could have had the level slowly transition from a Keen 5 level to a Atroxian Realm level, but with graphics slightly altered to make it look fresh. Even if you like that idea I wouldn't expect you to implement it now. I think you've done more than enough with it and it's time to move on.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Looks like I already finished the level pack a week ago!

But yeah, I've completed it. As already said here, the pack is unique in its ways. Some things can indeed feel a bit "alien" at times when you're not used to them, but it doesn't have to always be the case.

Even with the bottomless pits and the bridge that can't be toggled, a lot of the first level doesn't necessarily look like it was based on the output of a generator. Certain concepts which might seem less conventional, like the floor right below the key card in level 10 (Routing & Remote Access), might had already been constructed by humans on other occasions, even if not for Keen games. But it's obviously still a way to reveal more possibilities.

Level 8 (Setup Bootstrapper) surely feels different, if only due to the background. One thought I've had is how can a level (even in the original games) feel once you change its background or theme, but otherwise preserve the original structure, and possibly also the hazards and items.

I wonder if it's on purpose in level 8, that Keen's internal objects array gets full around the time of entering the level, if you play on hard difficulty. This leads to cannons not shooting when they're expected to, and the same also holds to Keen's stunner. This situation seemed to become less severe further in the map, probably after collecting items which were spawned as objects.

I did notice the use of more than one set of blocking tiles in the same map. Only one set is used in each of Keen 5's levels, with one known exception. This might not be the first level pack to repeatedly make use of more than one set in a single level, but it does seem to be based on Markeen's work again.

As already reported, there were multiple instances of map clipping bugs. I have various screenshots that I can send if anyone wants them, but I suspect that something like F10+Y will be the best way to locate the errors. I've even spotted another one, new to me, in the first level. The latter one is also another instance in which Keen may get stuck above the viewable area.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Thanks everyone for playing!
NY00123 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 17:12 I do have a few minor bug reports for Defense Tunnel Ahm:
Nice catches, thanks! Fixed to the extent possible in my local copy.
Roobar wrote: ↑Sun Jan 16, 2022 15:09 Perhaps I'll be pointing the obvious: at certain point you know when a level is randomly generated. Once you know it, you know it. That certain point is quite early. Even though all levels look completely random, some designs begin to re-apper. The overall structure of the levels as well. Obviously at some places you tried to break the design with some more unique places or puzzles. But what especially bothered me is that you intentionally left most of the pick up items as randomly placed. If you have placed them in more common structures, it would have been more convincing that this was not that randomly generated and more keen-ish level pack.
Indeed, the way Markeen works assumes all tile adjacencies each have one particular chance of appearing together and that all the original levels are samples from the resulting distribution. The output then becomes a slurry of all original structures. In reality, different levels have different structures/themes; it really should be more like a mixture model where different level types have different ideas. That said, some of the sameness might also have come from my decoration attempts. I'm not very good at aesthetics yet, so I might have made the environments look even more monotonous than they are.

I agree that the points give away the randomly generated nature of the levels; this was intentional in order to give Markeen the spotlight. If I was trying to make a more classic level pack, I would definitely get the points more under control.
Roobar wrote: ↑Sun Jan 16, 2022 15:09 As for the levels, there was one big one that was probably the most confusing one I've played. I've bested it, but there were so many secret places or places that you didn't even had to go, that at one point I was like "ok whatever, I just want to beat the level asap".
I suspect you're talking about the Security Accounts Manager, though this description might fit multiple levels in the pack. :-o I definitely think that SAM should have been cut down and I'll do that if/when I update the pack.
Nisaba wrote: ↑Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:32 this place is huge and a really is a confusing level, especially when your task is to lure those bombs to the right place. I mean, you have to have a decent mental map of this level to reach your goal. It might look like knew what I was doing in the recording, but actually I was proceeding more in a manner of trail and error... IMO the optional path consumes to much space. though I have to admit that I like the strategy of having multiple options to reach the final goal. what could be done better? mmm... maybe have like two sections. the first task could be to find and open a certain door. behind that door there is a bigger space with a number of areas where you could collect a bomb or two to blow this place. like as if you would separate two sections. I mean, those mines right in the middle of the level will take ages to navigate towards the main target, given that you don't get lost along the way. again, we as level designers know the whole map and can connect things the player just can't.
That's a great idea about dividing two sections! That way the player can safely stop thinking about the first half, which should make it less overwhelming. I remember playing the Myst games, coming upon large regions accessible all at once, and thinking "oh no, I hope these places aren't interdependent!" I should have thought of that when routing this level.
Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 They evoke a strange feeling, as though exploring a psychedelic Keen 5 dreamscape. That said, I didn't find many of the levels to actually be very compelling, as the sprawling designs tended to blend together. The one level that did stand out to me was Setup Bootstrapper. I'm not sure that its level design was really all that different, but the space aesthetic gave it a unique feel from the others and the generic Keen 5 aesthetic.
It was one of very few levels to include switchable bridges and had even more border accessible than the average level, but I think it was at least as much an indistinct sprawl as the other fuse machine levels. Here's a map without background, for reference. I'm glad I got one aesthetic hit!
Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 I find the biggest thing lacking in this iteration of random generation is interesting macro level structures. I like playing and designing levels with distinct concepts and architectural ideas. As of now, this type of random generation kind of just creates noise that seems hard to stitch together into a more interesting form. Though, it makes me wonder if you could program Markeen to adopt more advanced level design forms based on methodologies employed by different level designers.
At the moment Markeen just sees tile IDs in two-dimensional arrays; it doesn't have any idea of graphics or even tile properties. Making it understand visual patterns is far beyond my skills currently, but conceivably it could be programmed to first pick a skeleton based on tile properties and try to stay near that structure when picking specific tiles. I'm not sure how feasible it is to automatically learn level design forms from a small sample size, but it would likely be possible to accept a skeleton as input, or maybe even accept some simple skeleton design rules.
Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 A few other notes:
- I ran into what is probably a bug in the second to last level. After returning through a door I had previously entered, I was teleported to Korath Station (presumably because of a bad infoplane value) and was able to skip the rest of the level
Hmm, all the door tiles are covered with an infoplane value (checked both manually and with the Level Inspector), so I suspect you may have encountered this Ampton/pole bug.
Gridlock wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 - The opening of York Slipes with the slicestar moving across the slopes was pretty neat. Seems like another idea that'd be fun to explore more
I'm glad you like it - I might have been inspired to add that slicestar by one of the defense tunnels in the Alphamatic. ;)
NY00123 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:57 I wonder if it's on purpose in level 8, that Keen's internal objects array gets full around the time of entering the level, if you play on hard difficulty. This leads to cannons not shooting when they're expected to, and the same also holds to Keen's stunner. This situation seemed to become less severe further in the map, probably after collecting items which were spawned as objects.
Hmm, that probably wasn't intentional, but I likely considered it acceptable (though I don't remember for sure as it's been at least a year). Regardless, Keen's stunner not working is in retrospect weird, so this is fixed now.
NY00123 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:57 I did notice the use of more than one set of blocking tiles in the same map. Only one set is used in each of Keen 5's levels, with one known exception. This might not be the first level pack to repeatedly make use of more than one set in a single level, but it does seem to be based on Markeen's work again.
Right, Markeen only looks at tiles a short distance (5 in this case) away from the one it's currently focused on, and allows more flexibility the further out it looks, so it was unable to learn that a level usually only uses one type of solid platform. It often finishes one chunk of platform, adds a bunch of air, then decides to start another platform. That's usually far enough away from the first platform to have zero correlation with the set it already used. It also occasionally paints itself into a corner with clashing platform sets, which usually makes a mess or at least requires an unusual seam like in Routing & Remote Access.
NY00123 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:57 As already reported, there were multiple instances of map clipping bugs. I have various screenshots that I can send if anyone wants them, but I suspect that something like F10+Y will be the best way to locate the errors. I've even spotted another one, new to me, in the first level. The latter one is also another instance in which Keen may get stuck above the viewable area.
If you already have the screenshots I'd be happy to see them. I went through and fixed several more problems, possibly including the one you found in the first level, but possibly there's a glitch type/pattern I don't know about. I've been using Abiathar's Tile Properties overlay, which was extremely helpful (self-promotion ahoy), but Markeen created a lot of these glitches and I might need an automated check to find climbing-related issues.
The Shifted One
Grunt

Post by The Shifted One »

This is what I get for lurking; I miss out on these things early.
I don't have much time for playing currently but I played a couple of levels and I hope to be able to play all of this sooner or later.

I must say this is quite interesting.
On one hand there's many clear flaws here and there but also many interesting things and it certainly felt like a breath of fresh air.
I'm not going to comment on anything yet, I want to finish the whole thing first.

Thank you for creating this!
Existence is futile!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

here's a intro screen proposal. just had this idea while I was uploading your levelpack to the keenwiki. I found it quite fitting. what do you think?

Last edited by Nisaba on Sun Jan 30, 2022 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Fleexy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 28, 2022 23:26
NY00123 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 17:12 I do have a few minor bug reports for Defense Tunnel Ahm:
Nice catches, thanks! Fixed to the extent possible in my local copy.
NY00123 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:57 I wonder if it's on purpose in level 8, that Keen's internal objects array gets full around the time of entering the level, if you play on hard difficulty. This leads to cannons not shooting when they're expected to, and the same also holds to Keen's stunner. This situation seemed to become less severe further in the map, probably after collecting items which were spawned as objects.
Hmm, that probably wasn't intentional, but I likely considered it acceptable (though I don't remember for sure as it's been at least a year). Regardless, Keen's stunner not working is in retrospect weird, so this is fixed now.
Thanks for fixing the bugs!
For the sake of completeness, I can add that I sent to Fleexy screenshots showcasing more problems, and he took care of them (at least if not already fixed earlier).
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

The wiki page for this levelpack is now ready for inspection and approval.

https://keenwiki.shikadi.net/wiki/Fleex ... Level_Pack
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Thanks for the wiki article and title screen, Nisaba! I'd say that graphic is a good representation of the original Markeen output :mort

Also thanks to everyone who reported glitches, particularly NY for the thorough collection of screenshots. For this Keen Day I have a revised version of the pack with many clipping errors fixed, unreachable items removed, and a couple hints added. I had hoped to incorporate larger suggestions (especially to the Security Accounts Manager) and import the title screen by now, but alas, Real Life.

Download Fleex & Markeen's Keen 5 Level Pack, Revision 1

Happy Keen Day!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

thanks for the revision.
I've pasted the intro screen posted above into your most recent version. Is it in your sense if I upload this modified version to our KeenWiki server?

looks like this: https://files.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Pack ... -03-14.zip