Dangerous Dave and the Crazy Country

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Dangerous Dave and the Crazy Country

Post by Pandakeen »

Back in the beginning of 2020, me and TheBigV started a stupid sprite comic featuring Dangerous Dave. It began as an in-joke not intended to be published but the further we made them the more it needed to be published.

https://plerb-tech.neocities.org/dave/d ... index.html

Also, this is where my avatar comes from.
Last edited by Pandakeen on Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:22, edited 3 times in total.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Dangerous Dave and the Crazy Country

Post by Roobar »

This is neat! Make more!
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Haha, nice! :lol It does kind of me remind me of some of those very early sprite comics. Like Roobar said, make more! :)
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

There's about 70 currently unpublished comics that were made between April 2020 and the current month; I plan to post one a day, so it'll last me about 2 and a half months. And then we'll probably keep making comics while THOSE are being published... ;)
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

And you're not even gonna mention the fact that Commander Keen appears as a character in this? Dang, Dave.

The meta-surreal humor of this is surprisingly good for an "intentionally bad" comic. In fact I'd say it adds to the effect.
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

Your'e WRITE, commander KENE even RULES the "Crazy Country"............how did I knot think of that

BTW I'm still updating this daily. How many people are actively checking in on this?
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

I took a break from uploading these a few days ago. Once I can verify there are people actually checking this regularly (and I get the motivation) I'll resume publication.

In the meantime, I recently made a Flash animation based on the first 5 comics (of appropiate quality): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdI3KUp6_5U
And I also have more, unrelated comic series here: https://plerb-tech.neocities.org/comics.html
Eatkin
Grunt

Post by Eatkin »

I like it. Good memories of when I was about 10 years old and thought sonic sprite comics were the coolest thing :lol
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

Welp, I started doing this again. However I'm not uploading them daily at the moment. Just whenever I feel like it.
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

As we near 50 comics, Dave makes the mistake of turning this into a Dangerous Dave 4 Comic:

https://plerb-tech.neocities.org/dave/davecomic49.html
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

I do read these from time to time. :) Some of these comics are actually pretty funny; my favorite is perhaps the KANT one. :lol (SO that's what the book's name meant!)

The rest of your site is also pretty cool! Your non-Dave comics are also funny, and you have made great artwork! Your Keen mods look interesting; I personally would love to see Into the Computer Wrist (whether abandoned or finished) or that Windows 3.1 Keen mod. There can never be too many computer-themed Keen mods!

Also, I found the secret page... numerous times. :lol
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

Thanks! I guess I haven't really talked about my site much, outside of the comics. I intend to use it more but I keep getting distracted by other stuff.
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

Bump

After over a year of very slowly going through the backlog (I expected it to take 2-3 months initially...wow), I have FINALLY posted all of the dave comics made. Some of these are referencing stuff that's irrelevant now but I think that only makes these funnier.

In other news, there's another series of mine that I still need to go through the backlog of: "Actual Plants". It's a surreal fake blog narrative thing about someone trying to hit it big on Youtube but also not.
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

In the newest Crazy Dave arc, Adrian Carmack plots to gets his revenge on the Keen of the crazy country. More exciting than real life: https://plerb-tech.neocities.org/dave/davecomic90
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

plot thickkkkens.