Keen Awards 2021: Nominations

See the 2023 Keen Awards winners!
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: Keen Awards 2021: Nominations (end on Feb 27)

Post by Nisaba »

Grandy02 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 22:49
Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 2.3: Best Music (e.g. an individual remix or the soundtrack of a work)
  • XkyRauh contributed a huge amount of music tracks for multiple mods like for instance Ceilicks Return To The Shadowlands . Reference: discord -> veggie-music thread
Any particular piece you would like to nominate? Either way, direct links for specific songs would be useful...
yeah, I guess you are right. Let's pick Cul-de-Slack.mp3
Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 2.4: Best Animation
  • Keen Awards trophies by Lava89
His latest trophies were only finished and posted this February.
I was referring to those first generation trophies from the the year before.
Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 2.5: Best Non-Computerized Art (pencil drawing, sculpture, cosplay etc.)
  • recently posted Keen song lyrics A & B written by DoomJedi in the 90s
I fear I can't count that because the song was already posted in 2010.
oops, wasn't aware of the existence of that very post from back in the day. my bad
out now (link) : Image
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen Awards 2021: Nominations (end on Feb 28)

Post by Benvolio »

Lovely comment proYorp. I try to be benevolent and avoid being like my arch-nemesis from the Twelfth Night.

It's been a good Keening year when you look at all the nominations! I look forward to plenty more good stuff in 2022.
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Re: Keen Awards 2021: Nominations (end on Feb 28)

Post by Soul Monster »

Thank you for the nominations guys! That means a lot!

Also, thank you for the kind words from proYorp and Quillax! That's great that you guys like having me around!
Last edited by Soul Monster on Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:00, edited 1 time in total.
Grandy02
Vortininja

Re: Keen Awards 2021: Nominations (end on Mar 1)

Post by Grandy02 »

Sorry, it was a rather busy day, but I was at least able to add all the entries to the first post (not including Fleexy's levelpack since it was released on New Year's Day).

There is currently only one entry for "1.6: Best Fangame/Other Mod Level". Could individual levels be nominated?
Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 23:43 I was referring to those first generation trophies from the the year before.
These were made in 2020.
Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 23:43 yeah, I guess you are right. Let's pick Cul-de-Slack.mp3
Thanks. I'd also need one for The Outskirts of a Good Time so that all pieces of music have a link.

Also, I'd be thankful if someone could upload the level maps of the three nominated levels of The Prisoner's Dilemma in the meantime. And the level from Mura, VorticonView only displays jumbled tiles and I'm not yet familiar with editing V2 mods. :begging
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Hey, thanks everyone for the nominations! I really didn't expect that.

@Grandy, I'm not familiar with any level viewer tools, but I was able to at least screenshot the level opened in Mindbelt: Link
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Thanks again Grandy for managing all of this even though you seem to be very busy! ...I still have not registered a KeenWiki account for myself yet and I have no excuse for that anymore. :old I'll see if I can get one of my accomplices to help with the images (though of course I can't guarantee anything on anyone else's behalf).

Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23
Wow did you just now scroll through the entire last year of messages on the Discord to find all this stuff? :eek

Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 4.3: Most Promising Project
Oh goodness, I was not expecting this to be nominated. The possibility hadn't even crossed my mind since I hadn't yet mentioned doing active work on this project on the "public" part of the Keen Forum (I think of the Discord as sort of a back alleyway of PCKF). But come to think of it, it probably is overdue for me to give it some attention, since it was actually supposed to be done and released a few months ago (for the 30th anniversary of Goodbye, Galaxy!) but got delayed.

So, yeah. I am making a recreation of Secret of the Oracle inside the engine of Keen 2. I started working on it again last year, for basically the first time since the "joke" demo was released almost 5 years ago, with a small team to help me out. This is the "project" I've been alluding to occasionally for the last several months (or, well, the main one -- I have so many ideas...).

To be honest I had to think about that one for a minute since I wasn't planning on doing public development announcements (I was thinking I'd just suddenly release it, but I don't think I ever said that). I was a bit caught off guard but I think it's fine. It's nice to see the interest. Might be fun to get some hype going. Hey, hat's in the ring, we'll see how it does! This might be the only year it'll qualify as an "upcoming" project.

Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 23:43
Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 2.3: Best Music
Let's pick Cul-de-Slack.mp3
Ooh vibes and epiano... some of OPL's best voices.
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Grandy02
Vortininja

Re: Keen Awards 2021: Nominations

Post by Grandy02 »

@Nospike: Thanks. :)

All right, the polls are online and will run until Keen Day. They can be found under Other Keen Stuff for the time being and will be moved to a temporary subforum.

Thank you all for participating (and nominating me in three categories). Happy voting! :)

(The ported Captain Rixot was released in early January 2022, like Fleexy's levelpack, it can be nominated for the next Keen Awards.)
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Wow, there's a lot of good choices to choose from! It's going to be difficult to decide on what to vote for, although I haven't really played any of the recent mods if I remember correctly. :o (Aside from a mostly top-secret project...) This Keen Awards will truly be interesting!

Grandy02, I don't know if it's too late to point this out, but Soul Monster added a few nominees to his list yesterday -- a few levels from RttS. Also, TheBigV uploaded level maps for the nominated levels from The Prisoner's Dilemma.
proYorp wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 20:16 Quillax for (very) actively engaging in discussions, offering help, and sharing a lot of cool and useful little websites that I never would have heard about otherwise. His enthusiasm and energy really livens up the place. It's quite entertaining to wake up to a veritable deluge of 15 new posts (though it can be a bit overwhelming to keep up with if I'm expected to respond to any of those messages, heh). *
Aw, thanks! :o I didn't know I did that much last year, but looking back, I guess I did contribute a lot! :)
proYorp wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 20:16
Quillax wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 21:59 proYorp (started the Keen 4/5 Favorite/Least Favorite polls and made some interesting posts)
Soul Monster wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:28 -Proyorp: Has sparked some interesting conversations through his favorite/least favorite levels polls, and has given me an opportunity to be a part of a new project (can't go into details yet).
Thank you to both of you for the nominations. :) That means a lot to me. I'm always thinking about this community and it's very reassuring to know that my contributions are appreciated. c:
You're welcome! (Looking forward to your Keen 4 Vorticons Demake, by the way!) :poison
Soul Monster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 22:04 Thank you for the nominations guys! That means a lot!

Also, thank you for the kind words from proYorp and Quillax! That's great that you guys like having me around!
You're welcome! You've proven yourself to be a great newcomer!
Grandy02 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 22:35 There is currently only one entry for "1.6: Best Fangame/Other Mod Level". Could individual levels be nominated?
I don't know if it's too late to say this, but maybe you could nominate the level from the other fangame, Break the Targets? You could also split the Wolfenstein Keen 4 levels.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Quillax wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:20 Grandy02, I don't know if it's too late to point this out, but Soul Monster added a few nominees to his list yesterday -- a few levels from RttS. Also, TheBigV uploaded level maps for the nominated levels from The Prisoner's Dilemma.
Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry, I completely oversaw these. I created a new poll which includes the four addtional RttS levels and links to the Prisoner's Dilemma maps (thanks to TheBigV, too.)
To the people who already cast their vote in the incomplete poll, please vote again.
Quillax wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:20 I don't know if it's too late to say this, but maybe you could nominate the level from the other fangame, Break the Targets? You could also split the Wolfenstein Keen 4 levels.
I'll see what can be done about this within the next few days.

Until they are moved to a temporary forum, here is a list of the polls:
1.1: Best Vorticon Mod
1.2: Best Galaxy/Dreams Mod
1.3: Best Fangame/Other Mod
1.4: Best Vorticon Level
1.5: Best Galaxy Level (the complete one)
1.7: Best Tool

2.1: Best Graphical Artwork
2.2: Best Narrative
2.3: Best Music
2.6: Best Gameplay Video

3.1: Best Website
3.3: Online Community Service Recognition

4.1: Keenest Person of the Year
4.2: Really Keen Stuff
4.3: Most Promising Project
TheBigV
Vortininja

Post by TheBigV »

I noticed that the link to the A-Danac Express map on this thread's OP and the post for the "Best Galaxy Level" poll is incorrectly formatted. Is it possible to fix this?
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

Quillax wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:20 Grandy02, I don't know if it's too late to point this out, but Soul Monster added a few nominees to his list yesterday -- a few levels from RttS. Also, TheBigV uploaded level maps for the nominated levels from The Prisoner's Dilemma.
Thanks for pointing this out during my absence, Quillax!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

@TheBigV: Thanks for being observant, I fixed that when I saw your post.

The previous week, Nisaba specified her nomination for category 1.6, it's the level "Blue Cartridge" from Blade of Agony. Since it is the only nomination, it will automatically win. Or are there any objections/suggestions?
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 2.4: Best Animation
  • Keen Awards trophies by Lava89
Thank you so much, Nisaba!!