My Keen comic translated!

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: My Keen comic translated!

Post by Nisaba »

you really do have a unique drawing style. very interesting.
proYorp wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:32 Shikadi! :O Cool design. They look almost like crystal.
I second this. The Shikadi look plastic, and this despite the reduced drawing style.

the expression of this slide feels right to the point. one can feel the sheer frustration. love it!
out now (link) : Image
IceDuck347
Vortininja

Post by IceDuck347 »

proYorp wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:32 Is there no comic #16 either? I'm a bit confused how Lindsey got into Keen's ship, was that shown?
It's in the part 3 post reply.

Also I didn't quite get where you said you're seeing spanish, maybe I forgot to cover a piece of a word with a white square. But I think you're referring to the written text above the colored text, so let me tell you what that is in case it's not very obvious. The original comic is all written in spanish, and the alien dialogues are written in an invented grammar, then the colored text below shows what the characters are actually saying (originally in spanish, but I translated it to english keeping the color) And since the written text is literally invented it won't make any sense to either remove it or write it again

I'm sorry I missed your answer. I must've not seen it for some reason.

Also I want to mention I didn't know this comic got nominated for the keen awards :love I'm gonna translate another piece of it today. I've been kinda busy with other stuff as well as some personal life complications during the last weeks, but luckily I'll be posting more of this as I'm really excited to finish translating the full comic.
Last edited by IceDuck347 on Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:40, edited 1 time in total.
Signed. IceDuck347 Have a nice day!
IceDuck347
Vortininja

Post by IceDuck347 »

Signed. IceDuck347 Have a nice day!
Mort
Vortininja

Post by Mort »

Aw, I wanted to see Keen’s mom shoot someone. :D But seriously, these are a lot of fun. Keep it up.
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Oh nice, you're still in business!

Somehow I never posted my response to the last part. :o I should probably do that before reading this batch. Need to dig up my unfinished draft...
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image