Lemmings 3D clone for modern PCs

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
namida
Vortininja

Lemmings 3D clone for modern PCs

Post by namida »

Yes, another one I made myself, but I figure there's probably a few people here who it'd appeal to and I'm not making any money off it so I'll share it anyway.

The clone is called "Loap", and can be obtained here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5907.0

Still under development at this time, but it's already possible to play all the levels on it. It also adds the ability to tilt the camera up / down (an often complained about feature missing from the original DOS game), and framestepping / rewinding features similar to those in the 2D clone NeoLemmix.
Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined - a reimagining of Goodbye Galaxy and Aliens Ate My Babysitter
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Lemmings 3D clone for modern PCs

Post by Roobar »

Yeah really cool! I wonder why Pixelmusement didn't mentioned this in his latest video.
Is there a way to change keys? Why A moves to the right and D moves to the left?
namida
Vortininja

Post by namida »

Roobar wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:41 Yeah really cool! I wonder why Pixelmusement didn't mentioned this in his latest video.
Is there a way to change keys? Why A moves to the right and D moves to the left?
I haven't used the keyboard controls in a long time; I might have mixed them up when implementing configurable rather than hardcoded hotkeys. There's no in-game menu to change them, but you can edit the "hotkeys.lpmi" file (created after first run) with a text editor.

EDIT: Confirmed that the issue with this with moving left/right is an actual code issue, not just a hotkey configuration one. On the other hand, a similar issue with the keyboard shortcuts for rotating really is just a hotkey configuration issue. All of this is now fixed in the source code for the next update.
Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined - a reimagining of Goodbye Galaxy and Aliens Ate My Babysitter
namida
Vortininja

Post by namida »

I just uploaded a new update that fixes those issues (as well as an obscure bug with the basher, and it implements the minimap). If installing over your existing copy, delete the "hotkeys.lpmi" file (as some, though not all, of the issues were due to incorrect default hotkeys - Loap will set up defaults if no hotkey config file exists, but will not alter an existing hotkey config file).