Space Lobster webcomic??

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
slasher2
Meep

Space Lobster webcomic??

Post by slasher2 »

Hi! I used to be an active member on this forum back when I was in middle school and high school (I'm 34 now lol wow) and a member of the Penny Arcade artist forum which had some crossover with this community. At some point I linked up with a writer going by the name "Space Lobster," who had a VERY funny webcomic that was mostly recycled vintage sci-fi comic panels with new text he (I think he?) wrote. We collaborated on a webcomic called stupid aliens for awhile but I abandoned it as I did most creative pursuits at the time (ADHD). And now I'm wondering what ever happened to him??? I think his name was Eric???

Anyways sorry to butt in, I'm a book cover artist now and still have very fond Keen memories
Ceilick
The Dude

Re: Space Lobster webcomic??

Post by Ceilick »

I think this was before I was a member of the forum, unfortunately I don't recall this user.

But, if you're the Slasher I think you are, I wanted to say thanks for your Sporkia series! It was one of the first Keen fangames I played and helped inspire me to get into Keen fangames and modding.
slasher2
Meep

Post by slasher2 »

Thanks Ceilick! I had a lot of fun making those even though I was 12 and had no idea what I was doing. Are your Keen games available anywhere?
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

I was 12 when I played them so I guess I was the target audience? :lol

You can check out my most recently released project on the forum here or my catalogue of mods on the Keen wiki here.
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Welcome back, Slasher, even if only for a short time. :) Didn't notice this thread before.

I only joined the Keen community when you had already moved on. But through my work on the PCKF Archive, I learned about someone very creative at a young age.

It's been more than 20 years since the last Spork game. I'd love to see what a Commander Keen drawn by you looks like today. :yorp But it's understandable if you would rather spend your creative energy on something more profitable.

Regarding "Space Lobster", I didn't see that name in the (incomplete) ezboard archives, can't say whether he ever was a member of the PCKF. However, somewhere else I found something that might be helpful, if you haven't found him already. Sent it via e-mail.
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net