Keen1mirrored

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Re: Keen1mirrored

Post by Soul Monster »

I know you don't know who I am, but it's great to see you back here Levellass! Welcome back! :)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Did you run the patch file? The teleporters don't work if you don't. There's potential for a lot more patching and mirroring here.

Also, someone told me the patch wiki was broken, so I'm investigating that.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Ah you're right! I forgot to apply the patch. Now it works fine
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Levellass wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:34 Did you run the patch file? The teleporters don't work if you don't. There's potential for a lot more patching and mirroring here.

Also, someone told me the patch wiki was broken, so I'm investigating that.
Yeah. Unfortunately, the last major wiki update caused some annoying formatting errors. I think that Malvineous is aware of this. But I don't know who feels responsible for the patching section in general... (I try to manage file updates and uploads)

more potential mirroring sounds exciting. what do you have in mind?
out now (link) : Image
Hagel
Vortininja

Post by Hagel »

I had to fiddle with the teleports.

The teleports and the (capped) final sequence are the only reason this level pack needs a patch.
Roobar wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 18:07 welp... Image
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Levellass wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:34 Also, someone told me the patch wiki was broken, so I'm investigating that.
THANK YOUUU

Omg I was just being annoyed by that, trying to find some numbers. I think it broke like a year ago.
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Nisaba wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 20:13 Yeah. Unfortunately, the last major wiki update caused some annoying formatting errors. I think that Malvineous is aware of this. But I don't know who feels responsible for the patching section in general... (I try to manage file updates and uploads)

more potential mirroring sounds exciting. what do you have in mind?
I used to largely do patches but it'd take a lot of doing to manually remove all the brackets now present. An automated solution or reversion would be nice.

Since the mod has a patch file, it should be possible to flip the graphics too, and things like which direction Keen walks through exits, truly graphically mirroring each level. It should be possible to mirror the ending sequence too.

If you wanted to get severe there's the possibility of mirroring the text itself, which would require a little more effort.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.