Keen 15: The Final Showdown

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Keen 15: The Final Showdown

Post by DarkAle »

Hello dear community,
First of all this is my 314th post, hurray! :birthday And now we get to the point. A couple of days ago I resumed a project that I started a couple of weeks after releasing Secret of the Sorcerer and now I'm starting to work on it in earnest. Its final title is Keen 15: The Final Showdown. All I can give you about it for now is a couple of tests of graphics and information on individual parts: story, levels, creatures and enemies and programming. That's right, it will be a source mod!

• Graphics
    Here are some graphics that will be used in the first level, Wastelands, tested in Slug Village. What do you think about them? I can tell you that the set of graphics will be very large, especially for the foreground, as I decided to create more than 4 sets of different paths.
  • Story
    I don't know if you've already played Secret of the Sorcerer but anyway I have to spoiler to tell you clearly the beginning of the story of this episode. After Keen found the sorcerer Magkidus, his evil "twin" discovered their whereabouts, so Magkidus suggested that Keen get to his home planet, Miraclyrix I, as soon as possible to stop the Robot Apocalypse via a magical medium. There the sorceress Migkidis, younger sister of Magkidus, will guide him through a dynasty of magic and deception.
  • Levels
    There will be different places to explore in this mod total of, excluding High Scores and BWB Megarocket, 18 levels including boss battles! One is very original, while another one will be quite familiar…
  • Creatures
    This, unfortunately, is the only field with which I am zero even with ideas. I can't tell you anything about the creatures and bosses, do you have any ideas?
  • Music
    Finally we come to the music. To favor the presence of a magical theme I decided to include many of the most famous classical pieces, but, in order not to make the game too monotonous, there are also some non-classical ones.
Here is a bit of a description of what the game will be like. Anyway I need A LOT of help to make it, I need the whole community, especially for the graphics. As for this I need a forest background that reflects the theme of magic. Can I count on your help? :begging

Edit: Dave216 has already composed the world map music for me and I have to say it's magnificent, I'm delighted to be able to add him to the credits list :D
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Ceilick
The Dude

Re: Keen 15: The Final Showdown

Post by Ceilick »

I’m happy to help with creature design! It seems this will be a mix of robots, magical creatures, and a couple bosses? I’m not sure how extensively you’ll be modding/coding enemies, since this is a source mod, so send me a message on what concepts you have or what enemies you need replacements for.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Thanks a lot! I’ll send you a message on Discord
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

The light green on black ground actually looks really cool, especially the connected spikes of shadow, and obscured gemstones.
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

So far, it all looks nice! I like the starry backdrop (was that lifted from Dangerous Dave's Risky Rescue?), the green and black terrain works well, and while the gems look out of place, they'll look a lot better once everything is more refined. I also like the idea of incorporating classical music into the soundtrack to add more of a mysticism element to your mod, and it worked out real well in Secret Of The Sorcerer when you used Invention 13 by J.S. Bach for the final level.

Anyway, there's a few things I'd be willing to help you with, I've sent the full details to you via PM.