Foray in the Forest (development thread)

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Foray in the Forest (development thread)

Post by Roobar »

I don't see anyone else making such a big project as this one.
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

That's exciting news Nisaba! I'm really looking forward to the release of this mod (I'm sure you as well, you've been working on it for how long now), and I can tell it's going to be epic! You've certainly spent enough time on it and taken this project far beyond the original concept of a levelpack to make what will no doubt be your magnum opus! That reminds me, is Mr. M still involved in any way? Either way, I wish you the best of luck on the release of this mod!
proYorp wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:54 I sort of wanted to offer to help with writing the story/proofreading but it sounds like that's taken care of and I also am not sure how much time I'd have free to commit to that. :o I have so much of my own stuff in the backlog too...
I hear 'ya. I wish I could've contributed something to this as well, but it's alright. After all, I have other projects I'm going to be involved with now it seems...
Roobar wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:43 Hopefully it will not be the last big Keen mod ever released..
It's up to us to make that a reality. Maybe someday we will get something as grandiose as Foray in the Forest or Atroxian Realm again. Never say never.
Dave216 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:22 It's funny how the releases of this year's modern games don't excite me at all. Yet...I am really eager to play this mod
Same. This community is the reason I don't need a PS5 or XBOX whatever they're on. It doesn't help that companies knowingly release games unfinished and buggy now, and refuse to fix anything despite all the fan backlash that it causes. Plus, a lot of games are just brands at this point, and people are bored with new releases because they spent so much time on just improving the graphical technologies, but now that they've made them so lifelike, the novelty has worn off and people are looking deeper into the other flaws and seeing them for what they are: repetitive, glitchy, boring, cash grabs with no challenge to appease the lowest common denominator.

So thanks PCKF, for still putting effort into your work to bring us Keen fans quality content for all these years and beyond!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Landola1
Grunt

Post by Landola1 »

Things still in motion? :korath Ready till Easter? :dopefish Hope so... Playtest should have begun week ago. 😏 Action! 😎
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Thank you for your interest. The test phase is still ongoing.
From a technical point of view, everything is running smoothly and no further bugs have appeared, which was to be expected. But as you all may know, there are always blind spots that only become visible through beta testing. And be it that others play a game completely different than I would. In this regard, I have analyzed the material sent to me and have indeed made a few updates that I would not have noticed to be necessary without my testers.

At this point, a big shut-out to my volunteers! The test phase is very fruitful.
out now (link) : Image
Landola1
Grunt

Post by Landola1 »

Nisaba wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 17:48 Thank you for your interest. The test phase is still ongoing.
From a technical point of view, everything is running smoothly and no further bugs have appeared, which was to be expected. But as you all may know, there are always blind spots that only become visible through beta testing. And be it that others play a game completely different than I would. In this regard, I have analyzed the material sent to me and have indeed made a few updates that I would not have noticed to be necessary without my testers.

At this point, a big shut-out to my volunteers! The test phase is very fruitful.
GREIT! :helmet Hhe... :p
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Nowhere Girl wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:24 I just wanted to ask if there are any news about the game, because you haven't written anything in quite a long time...
(On the other hand, when "Foray in the Forest" is released, I'll have no new mods to wait for. :( But surely someone will create some new mod at some point...)
some of the many new features:
Image . Image
Image . Image

At the moment we are hardening the game. There are many many improvements being made at the source code level. In addition, countless smaller and larger Easter-Eggs are being added to increase the replay value.

The game is basically ready to be shipped. We just love to get lost in details...
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Looking forward for the release!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I can't wait to experience all the juicy content in this mod. :D
Multimania
Vortininja
Location: Hiding in a small, cramped corner of the BwB megarocket.

Post by Multimania »

Wow, those are some nice looking features. I can't wait to give the item locator a go, especially when I'm low on ammo.

And I've just stolen the scorebox toggle feature for Omnispeak.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Multimania wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 14:06 And I've just stolen the scorebox toggle feature for Omnispeak.
That's okay. We stole it from BioMenace. :p
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
Frenkel
Vortininja

Post by Frenkel »

Anile78
Meep

Post by Anile78 »

Nisaba wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 15:53 you could create a couple of sound effects and post your progress here. it's kind of a tough job though. but why not give it a try? sound effects are heavily needed. if you can prove to be talented in this aspect we can discuss further steps and head into some of those sophisticated challenges on my todo list.
Absolutely! Excited to take on the challenge. I'll craft a variety of sound effects for your review.Nrega
Last edited by Anile78 on Thu Nov 30, 2023 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Monalisha78
Meep

Post by Monalisha78 »

Nisaba wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 17:48 Thank you for your interest. The test phase is still ongoing.

Oh!
greate
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

it’s on!
After such a long time of development, I am super happy to finally announce that the release of Foray in the Forest is just around the corner:

Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

:rollin :pogo :rollin :pogo :rollin :pogo

:rollin :pogo :rollin :pogo :rollin :pogo
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees