Keen Awards 2022: Winners

See the 2023 Keen Awards winners!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Keen Awards 2022: Winners

Post by Grandy02 »

Happy Keen Day, and congratulations to the winners of the Keen Awards 2022. Thanks to anyone who joined the fun, and keep on Keening! :)

I already saw the new set of great trophies by Lava89. They should be ready soon.

EDIT: Trophies are here!

1: Programming
1.1: Best Vorticon Mod
Bunny Basher 3: Easter Escapades by Benvolio
Trophy Link

1.2: Best Galaxy Mod
Aurora Bliss by Dave216
Trophy Link

1.3: Best Fangame
Link-Keen and VortaKeen by John314
Trophy Link 1, 2

1.5: Best Galaxy Level
Magnetic Field Manipulator from Operation Station Infiltration by Ceilick
Trophy Link

1.6: Best Fangame Level
Freezilic Caves from Commander Keen 2000 - Remake by CvH_9000
Trophy Link

1.7: Best Tool
Patch Calculators by TheBigV
Trophy Link

2: Fan Art
2.1: Best Graphical Artwork
Violet & Keen by rollytheborb
Trophy Link

2.2: Best Narrative
The Brightest Star by proYorp
Trophy Link

2.3: Best Music
Soundtrack of Aurora Bliss by Dave216
Trophy Link

2.4: Best Animation
Commander Keen, You've Got to Eat Your Vegetables by RORYUkEr1
Trophy Link

2.5: Best Non-Computerized Art
Battle Of The Brains: Commander Keen VS. Mortimer McMire by Soul Monster
Trophy Link

2.6: Best Gameplay Video
Keen mod playthroughs by troublesomekeen
Trophy Link

3: Web
3.1: Best Website
PCKF Archive by Grandy02
Trophy Link

3.3: Online Community Service Recognition
Fleexy
Trophy

4: Miscellaneous
4.1: Keenest Person of the Year
Ceilick
Trophy

4.2: Really Keen Stuff
Development and publishing letters by Scott Miller
Trophy Link

4.3: Most Promising Project
Foray in the Forest by Nisaba
Trophy Link
Last edited by Grandy02 on Sun Apr 16, 2023 19:18, edited 2 times in total.
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen Awards 2022: Winners

Post by szemi »

Foray in the Forest is the biggest of this year. :dead2
Yeah, piece of cake!
Dave216
Vortininja

Post by Dave216 »

I've won only two awards? This is an outrage! I will report this to the internet police, m`laddo. :disguised

All jokes aside, I wasn't even thinking anyone would play my mod, let alone that I would win something. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for the nominations, and thank you to everyone who voted for me. Congratulations to all the other winners! I really wasn't sure what to expect when I made my first post, but I am glad I did. This is a really nice community
"I don’t care what model it was! No vacuum cleaner should give a human being a double polaroid!"
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Most promising project, again?!
I think it's time for me to make room for others. There are so many wonderful and promising mods that I really want to see. Dave216's Cyberpunkeen for example or ProYorp's Demake are games I'm really looking forward to. And if I have one wish, I want troublesomekeen to playtest them all!

Anyway, thanks for your support, and the nomination. I am happy about the positive feedback.

Congratulations to all the other winners and nominees as well. Once again, wonderful things have been created, which are a real pleasure.

Thanks also to you @Grandy02, that you've once again organized everything so well.
Thanks also to all those who invisibly contribute in the background and make this forum possible in the first place!
out now (link) : Image
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

It's lovely to win "Best Vorticons Mod". After all these years! Even though it's amongst my least significant efforts, it's nonetheless a much appreciated accolade. So thanks for nomination and votes. I really hope the Vorticons medium remains a vehicle for serious projects as time goes on. We've had so much cool stuff done with Keen1-3 over the years, and the landmark Vorticons releases stand to this day amongst the absolute top most thrilling moments in modding history. I hope to continue playing a part in this for the foreseeable future.

Congratulations to all other winners! I think it's been a representative sample of established and up-and-coming Keeners. Which is good as hopefully it will give encouragement to newer members to go ahead and create fun stuff!

I'm excited for the trophies now!
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Nisaba wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 15:22 There are so many wonderful and promising mods that I really want to see. Dave216's Cyberpunkeen for example or ProYorp's Demake are games I'm really looking forward to. And if I have one wish, I want troublesomekeen to playtest them all!
HIGHLY AGREE!
Yeah, piece of cake!
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Congratulations to the winners!

It was a pleasure competing with you, Dave216, for Best Galaxy Mod! I'm happy to see your debut earn it's rightful reward!

I'm proud to accept winner of the Best Galaxy Level in a tight competition. As many of you know, Keen level design analysis is a passion for me, so this award is especially meaningful.

I am surprised and flattered to receive Keenest Person of the year. I hope to continue contributing to Commander Keen in a manner deserving of this title.

Thank you everyone who has chosen to participate in our community and vote in the 2022 Keen Awards :)
Tormentor667
Vortininja

Post by Tormentor667 »

Congratulations to all the winners - amazing that this community is still running :)
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Wowee! I'm honored to win an award! Many thanks~
Big thanks to Grandy02!
and to all who voted! It can be agonizing trying to decide who to vote for.
I'm super glad Dave216 won Best Galaxy Mod and Ceilick won Keenest Person.
I think 2023 is going to be a good year here!
Special thanks to proYorp, Nisaba, The BigV and Quillax for being such bros. :thumbs_up
Daily videos on breakdownhouse will resume! When? Probably when FitF is released.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Finally, trophies are here! Thanks to Lava89 for another great job! :) Check out the high-res images in the first post.

So, the PCKF Archive won? I'm blown away, thank you so much! It's great to know that you enjoy the site. I've got big plans for the (hopefully near) future, such as migrating all the downloads of Spatang that are not covered by KeenWiki. For those who like reading the conversations of the early community, there will be really ancient discussions to discover soon, not available online anywhere else today. And many more pictures will be added to the fanart section, of course. Thank you for your support! :yorp

Additionally, thanks to Quillax for updating the KeenWiki article. :)
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

The trophies look fantastic once again. I'm always curious to see which motifs are chosen. And I must say that they are uniquely designed again this time. Excellent work of the highest quality!
out now (link) : Image
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Trophies are amazing and I'm very grateful for mine! Maybe someday I can 3d print it, then mould it and cast it in real gold. Need to get a small amount richer first though.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

I know I'm a bit late here, but congrats to all the winners! The trophies look good; I especially like the Little Ampton one! :korath That battle between Operation Station Infiltration and Aurora Bliss was pretty neat! One's from a master modding veteran and the other is from a master modding newcomer! It's like the apprentice versus the teacher! I'm glad both Dave216 and Ceilick got their own awards!

Also, thank you Benvolio, for nominating me for Keenest Person of the Year! And thanks to the two people who voted for me, whoever you may be. (Honestly, I didn't think I would be nominated, let alone receive not one but two votes...)
Grandy02 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 19:13 So, the PCKF Archive won? I'm blown away, thank you so much! It's great to know that you enjoy the site. I've got big plans for the (hopefully near) future, such as migrating all the downloads of Spatang that are not covered by KeenWiki. For those who like reading the conversations of the early community, there will be really ancient discussions to discover soon, not available online anywhere else today. And many more pictures will be added to the fanart section, of course. Thank you for your support! :yorp
I'm pleasantly surprised to see the PCKF Archive receive as many votes as it did, to the point of beating out KeenWiki! I guess we don't need to disqualify KeenWiki for the next Keen Awards, yeah? It'll be great to see those Spatang downloads migrated to your website! :)

Also, will the 2010s Keen Awards be set up soon? I know we talked about that a while ago. Battle of the Brains vs. Atroxian Realm... that would be another case of the teacher versus the apprentice!
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Congratulations to all winners and participants as well. :) It's been another great year for Keen, even though I haven't had much time to hang around and play all the good stuff, it looks mighty impressive nonetheless.
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Grandy02 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 22:37 2.2: Best Narrative
The Brightest Star by proYorp
Trophy Link
I was surprised and honored to see my single chapter of a fan story won an award, against the iconic comic by Mort too. Maybe this will motivate me to work on it more someday when I have time. Ah, the irony, I had planned and prepared so much because I hate incomplete loose ends and wanted to be sure there was a concrete conclusion. Now it has fallen by the wayside because of the demands of life. I used to have so much free time. It feels like years ago that I wrote that, although I guess to be fair it was a couple years prior to posting it that I initially came up with the ideas.
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image