Pyramid of the Forbidden on Hard

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
JackDaniels^
Meep

Pyramid of the Forbidden on Hard

Post by JackDaniels^ »

I recently did a full galaxy run of CK4 and CK5 to finish both games on hard without saving and without taking a Lifewater Flask or Keg O' Vitalin more than once (e.g. if you die mid-game, you cannot take it again). I was able to finish CK4 (w/o Pyramid of the Forbidden) and CK5, both with only two lives remaining, but I cannot seem to accomplish it when I have to complete Pyramid of the Forbidden.

Top three hardest levels throughout CK4 and CK5 for me were:
1. Pyramid of the Forbidden
2. Isle of Fire
3. Gravitational Damping Hub

Close tie between #2 and #3.

Has anyone been able to complete Pyramid of the Forbidden without saving?
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Re: Pyramid of the Forbidden on Hard

Post by Fleexy »

The worst part for me is the slug right at the start of the second section, where you have to get off the moving platform onto the ground and very quickly shoot it. If I load right after it, I can finish the rest of the level in a couple tries. Unfortunately it took dozens of tries to get that savepoint, so a full run without saving would be very hard...
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

JackDaniels^ wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 20:38 Has anyone been able to complete Pyramid of the Forbidden without saving?
I did on Hard, many years ago. I even did something of a speedrun by making it in pace of a certain high-beat music track. It took me something between 50 and 100 tries.

I had it recorded and uploaded on YouTube. Then I went stupid and deleted the video, and now it's gone forever :(

There are others who've speedran the level on Hard since.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

I could do it with enough practice. Maybe I should attempt
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
namida
Vortininja

Post by namida »

I got the platinum relic on Stormy Ascent in the Crash remakes, so I'm sure with enough persistence I could do this. Whether I want to or not is another matter... As is how many attempts it would take.
Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined - a reimagining of Goodbye Galaxy and Aliens Ate My Babysitter
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

As a Keener who tries to complete levels without in-level saving Pyramid of the Forbidden is one of the very few levels that I was never able to do that.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees