Games that embody the spirit of creativity, exploration, and experimentation with computers

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Games that embody the spirit of creativity, exploration, and experimentation with computers

Post by Quillax »

Neat article I've read a couple times:

https://lateblt.tripod.com/games2.htm

What I really like about this list is the sheer amount of unconventional choices listed -- games that I wouldn't expect to see in any other list. I've only heard of like a few of the games listed. Also, most of these games are on PC (of course) and a lot of them are free (although the downloads links don't seem to work so you'd have to try other sources). It's pretty interesting and inspirational to see how a computer game can mean practically anything if you put the mind to it!
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Re: Games that embody the spirit of creativity, exploration, and experimentation with computers

Post by Benvolio »

If you had to recommend one stand-out title (that one might not have heard of) from the article, what would it be?
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Re: Games that embody the spirit of creativity, exploration, and experimentation with computers

Post by Keening_Product »

While it did get wide distribution, GoT is horribly underrated and ill-remembered.

Seconding Benvolio's question!
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Of all the games listed, I've only played Tong, because of how bonkers the concept of fusing Tetris with Pong sounded. It's actually pretty interesting and can be fun, although it can also sometimes get mind-bending and unfair. I believe I saw Liquid War on another list of recommended free games (which included Crystal Caves!), which probably means that it must be a good game. I didn't try out Line Rider yet, but I looked it up on YouTube and was blown away by the one video I saw. Like, holy cow! :O

There are a few other games listed that I'd like to try out someday, such as The Incredible Machine and God of Thunder. I just think it's pretty cool to see a list that doesn't just go for the popular picks and instead aims for games that most people would have likely never heard of.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

I played God Of Thunder as a kid, it's a neat game.