My JavaScript Port of Dangerous Dave

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
TheBigV
Vortininja

My JavaScript Port of Dangerous Dave

Post by TheBigV »

This is something I've had complete for some time now and didn't release until today: A full browser-based recreation of Dangerous Dave!

Play it here: https://melodic-spaceship.neocities.org/davejs/dave
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: My JavaScript Port of Dangerous Dave

Post by Roobar »

Wow this is very close to the original! Really nice! I think the pick-up items in the original have a little bigger pick-up area. For example, in the third level, where you fall near the exit to pick-up jetpack, you pick-up both items in the original, whereas you fall and pick-up only one item here.
TheBigV
Vortininja

Post by TheBigV »

Roobar wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:41 Wow this is very close to the original! Really nice! I think the pick-up items in the original have a little bigger pick-up area. For example, in the third level, where you fall near the exit to pick-up jetpack, you pick-up both items in the original, whereas you fall and pick-up only one item here.
I think I chose to to implement pickup collision in a different way from the original to avoid a bug in the original where picking up items at the very top of the map was unreliable.
lestagio
Grunt

Post by lestagio »

This is really cool! Whenever a JavaScript port of a game is made, it makes me happy. I never played the original game a whole lot, but from what I remember, it feels very similar! Awesome work!
"We'll never survive the Caves of Oblivion..."
"Nonsense! You're just saying that because no one ever has!"