Slug Village Ice Cream on Hard

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Stealthy71088
Vortininja

Slug Village Ice Cream on Hard

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Is anyone able to get the ice cream in this level that is on top of the drop pyramid on hard? On easy its easy, but on hard it seems like I have to shoot the bounder, and I'm not entirely sure if the maneuver is possible. It seems like you need the stars to align.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: Slug Village Ice Cream on Hard

Post by Quillax »

I quick tested it out, and I got the ice cream pretty easily. What I did was use the Impossible Pogo Trick on that Bounder. I waited for the Bounder to reach the apex of its jump height before pulling it off. It might take you some practice if you're not used to the Impossible Pogo Trick. Since it's about hitting both the jump and pogo keys near simultaneously, try slightly (just very slightly, not much) angling your hand so that you hit the pogo key first and then the jump key immediately after. In other words, give a bit more weight to the pogo key finger than the jump key finger. If you hit the jump key first before the pogo key, then Keen won't go up very high.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: Slug Village Ice Cream on Hard

Post by Nisaba »

In case you are new to the mechanics of the Impossible Pogo Trick, which Quillax mentioned, you can find more information here:
https://keenwiki.shikadi.net/wiki/Impossible_Pogo_Trick
out now (link) : Image