I'm Done

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

I'm Done

Post by Flaose »

All right. We have a nice new board (almost finished), have beaten the spam-bots, and all is well in Keen-dom.

I'm finished. I'm tired. I've been doing this message board thing for ten years now, and I'm packing it up. From my first anonymous post (oh those were the days) on InsideTheWeb's 5517 (is there even anyone else here that actually was around back then? Xky maybe?) saying "Who is Molly? Is she Keen's sister? It's just a nagging question that I've been dying to ask!" to this one, it's been fun.

Thanks for the memories, the patience with me, and everything else. When I started, KeenEdit was the only game in town. I remember I even called the creator (Jeremy Haubold) up, to see if he still lived at the address, almost paying $5 to register the program (I never did in the end though, heh). There were about four fan levels, two by Xky, and two by pLeitorian (or maybe that was sixteen, looking at cc314 right now, but anyways). Look now. Mods, editors for (almost) all the Keen games code coming out of our ears. Absolute sweetness.

So, take care. As for a replacement admin, things are pretty quiet here and I don't see a need for one but whatever happens, happens.

See you on the dark side.

-Flaose
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Ah, well, good bye and thanks for Keening! :helmet Take care! A bit sad to see you go but I (on some level) understand it may not go on forever for everyone. :dopekeen Bye. :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Good bye Flaose! You will be missed, thanks for all of your Keen 64 input. :)
Swamper
Grunt

Post by Swamper »

I know you don't remember me, but I was indeed around back in the old 5517 days (using my real name back then)...good times gone, indeed...

You shall be missed, but methinks you've earned a rest after a decade of Keening. :)
DISCLAIMER: I don't actually hate anyone, but I like to offend people. It's compassion disguised as misanthropy.
-Conservative/Libertarian/Nationalist and proud of it!-
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Heh i remember when my younger self first contacted you.

See you on the dark side of the moon.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Re: I'm Done

Post by Sciz CT »

Flaose wrote:From my first anonymous post (oh those were the days) on InsideTheWeb's 5517 (is there even anyone else here that actually was around back then? Xky maybe?)
I was visiting CC314 at the time, though my young mind couldn't really grasp the concept of a message board.

See you around, and good luck with whatever you move on to. You've been a fine admin for as long as I can remember.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

All the best and thanks for 'the fish'.

I'm not sure that you really will be leaving this time seeing that you opened two farewell topics before.
Aaaah, not the bees!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

What! I totally did not expect this.

Well... See you around! It's been fun having you around, you've been a good admin! :)
Wow look at me I'm lurking
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Miss you allready
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Ye shall be remembered until the end of this community.

Be in peace.
Nickssoft
Vortininja

Post by Nickssoft »

Flaose it will be sad, This is your 2nd goodbye post in the past couple of years, Hopefully you will return and yes I remember that old insidetheweb board, Neil had one as well! Good Luck
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

See you. All the best, and good luck with whatever it is you go on to do.

So long, and thanks for all the administration.
xtraverse
Stranded Fish

Post by xtraverse »

Was good to have you around, Flaose, best of luck
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Aww, man--With the passing of Flaose, we've lost the trifecta of Forge314, Flaose, and Ilsoap. Those guys were the "big guns" when I first showed up. ;) I only briefly saw Thea and Geoff being active.

*holds his football helmet over his heart for the memory of Keeners past* Good luck in the future, Flaose! :)
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

What is next?

EDIT: No, KeenRush, please, not you now! Don't leave! AAAARGH!!!
(the Keen community dies)