Keen 8: Dead in the Desert

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

So far only the terrain bugs me, especially the background in the levels looks very sharp (or should I say "pixely", if you know what I mean) compared to TKOK or any previous CK game. I don't know if you've changed the tiles since the demo video, but that's just my opinion.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Right now the terrain is as it is in the video. If anyone has texture suggestions, throw them at me, but my thoughts are: I don't want a solid yellow and I think the random texturing gives it a more barrain, distant look. Like I said though, I'm open to considering suggestions.
kinget
Grunt

Post by kinget »

Really looking forward to this one :)
The world of Commander Keen mods just opened up before my eyes a couple of days ago, and I must say that your previous mod was very well done.

When can we get hold of this one?
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Yeah,the previous mod was very well,i think,too. :)
Yeah, piece of cake!
kinget
Grunt

Post by kinget »

Ceilick.
Any chance of getting any sneakpreviews? :)
A youtubevid or some screenshots?
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Ceilick wrote:As soon as the patching is completed and the rest of the music is composed, I'll be sending it to the beta testers. Depending on their findings and comments, expected is within the month or early next
The mod is now in the hands of the betas, i'm still waiting to do some final touches, but thats it. It's coming out soon.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Ceilick wrote:The mod is now in the hands of the betas, i'm still waiting to do some final touches, but thats it. It's coming out soon.
Nice to hear it will be available soon. I have been impatiently waiting for some time now. I cannot wait.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Will it come out in the middel or the beginnig of August?
Yeah, piece of cake!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

As Ceilick says, it's now on beta testing phase.

And man, I'm one of the few lucky testers! ;) And the game is huge so far! I've played it all day and I'm probably half of the game. I'm playing without cheats and I have a LOT of things to say to Ceilick. Will comment later as testing continues.

It's HOT! :) lol
kinget
Grunt

Post by kinget »

Screenshots please :)
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I honestly can't wait ^____^
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Just got through Mink's first take on the mod, waiting for the other three beta testers. So far: good lord, I made a lot of mistakes. I'll probably be going through a second round of testing with the amount i had to fix.

Kinget: the mod is about to be released and you still want screenshots? Sorry, dude, too busy getting this thing done :)
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Is it postponed for another month, then? :(
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

Ceilick wrote:Just got through Mink's first take on the mod, waiting for the other three beta testers. So far: good lord, I made a lot of mistakes. I'll probably be going through a second round of testing with the amount i had to fix.
It wasn't that many mistakes. Most of them were just simple tiling errors.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Right right, lot of mistakes, but easy to fix is what i meant. Still, i'd like to get everything right, so their will be a second round of betaing in case I missed anything.

Deltamatic: If anything it will be released sooner thanks to Mink's and I'm sure the rest of the beta testers respones. Before the month ends, Keen will be Dead in the Desert :mortlol ...or, you know, somehow escape :)