Commander Keen: the comic strip

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Anti-Gary
Vortininja

Post by Anti-Gary »

I live in Australia, Victoria, Melbourne.

And I've been stalking Commander Spleen.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Really... once I saw a woman take a crap in the middle of a gas station.
That was no woman. :mortlol

My sense of humour these days is fairly conservative (and much more subtle) compared with when I was ten years old. I find crude humour much harder to digest these days, while most of the people my age (and indeed those who would call themselves my elders) seem to be just as enthralled by it as ever, while most of the things I laugh at goes over their heads... which can contribute to the humour but can also just ruin it all.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

KeenRush wrote:I don't think anyone's shocked, we're just joking, as far as I can see. Yes, I agree with SM -- although I still wonder why he was once so against my obvious drug joke. I still bitterly remember that. :crazy
Which drug joke?
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I can't remember what it was or where I made it. It wasn't that funny either, so it doesn't matter. :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

KeenRush wrote:I can't remember what it was or where I made it. It wasn't that funny either, so it doesn't matter. :)
Fair enough.
Mort
Vortininja

Blog Header

Post by Mort »

No new comic today. Sorry. Actually, I do have a bunch of them written, just haven't had time to draw them out yet. Suffice to say that there will be another edit in addition to the debacle that was strip #18.

Anyway, the reason for this post is that I made a new header for the CK strip's blog. I kind of like it in itself, but I'm not so sure it works as well in the context of the website. But I'm keeping it there anyway... for now.

And before you ask, yes, I do realize that there is no color. I tried to color it; but each time I did it looked worse than it did in B&W, so I decided to just forgo color altogether.

So here it is. More strips later. Promise.

DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

Sweet :british
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

[offtopic]
KeenRush wrote:I don't think anyone's shocked, we're just joking, as far as I can see. Yes, I agree with SM -- although I still wonder why he was once so against my obvious drug joke. I still bitterly remember that. :crazy Middle of gas station? I hate it when people act like that.
Being Moderator in a strict forum has taught me several things recently; things that I didn't know back then in the times you are talking about, as I was nothing but a mere forum user that was constantly attacked by the moderators. But now, we can forget the past. Now, if you really want to discuss this bitter memory, better contact me on MSN or something else...
[/offtopic]

Nice banner, Mort. But I want to see action, I want to see a new release! :p Note, however, that I had to spent some time figuring out what was the yorp's eye position respect to Keen's raygun; I, at first glance, thought the yop had become one with it...

BTW, Anti-Gary:
Anti-Gary wrote:I agree with shadow master on this one, you can see worse just walking down the street.

As Flaose said... what the heck? :confused
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Nice banner. I like the text/logo.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

edit - should read better next time
Last edited by Djaser on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:13, edited 1 time in total.
Aaaah, not the bees!
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Commander Spleen wrote:
That was no woman. :mortlol

My sense of humour these days is fairly conservative (and much more subtle) compared with when I was ten years old. I find crude humour much harder to digest these days, while most of the people my age (and indeed those who would call themselves my elders) seem to be just as enthralled by it as ever, while most of the things I laugh at goes over their heads... which can contribute to the humour but can also just ruin it all.
I laugh at both, so what can I say?

Did you see the Monte Python philosopher's foot ball tournament? It was so damn funny; they had the philosophers playing according to their philosophies, so I believe it was Kant who refused to kick the ball because he couldn't prove to himself that the ball had true Existential existence.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Monty Python ... amazing. Their humor is an intriguing mix of very intellectual humor, and absolutely ridiculous dumb humor.

Amazing.

And that logo is sick too.
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Re: Blog Header

Post by Allstories »

Mort wrote:And before you ask, yes, I do realize that there is no color. I tried to color it; but each time I did it looked worse than it did in B&W, so I decided to just forgo color altogether.
Maybe try something like this?

ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Damn you, allstories. (Read: That looks pretty amazing.)
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Whoa, sweet. Nice colouring. I like the colours used for the background especially.