Welcome to the new PCKF!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Ah, great. One thing less to check and worry about. :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Xarthok
Vortininja

Post by Xarthok »

Hey guys, this is me, Sanitars (the speedrunning guy) with my new and hopefully last alias :P Sorry for taking so long.
Come and try out over 6000 great free flash games at:
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Xarthok wrote:Hey guys, this is me, Sanitars (the speedrunning guy) with my new and hopefully last alias :P Sorry for taking so long.
Welcome to the new forum! Good to have you here.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I have a suggestion, as well as a kind of a problem with this forum.

I want to point on those two sections: "Unofficial Keen Games" and "Release Forum". You may want to rename "Unofficial Keen Games" to something else because with this name, finished keen games may also be posted there too. Rename it something like "Unofficial Keen Projects Under Production".

The other thing I want to point is that at some posts, I don't see the actual picture posted by the author. For example, in the topics "Chopplo!" or "Morty McMire Pics?", the authors are posting some pictures, but I can't see them. I'm using Firefox and I don't know if this problem persist in other browsers simply because I don't use any others. However, I can see the picture by just pointing over the place where the picture should be displayed, and by pressing the right click to show me some options, I can see it displayed separately. Please do investigate on this bug.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Iv4n wrote:The other thing I want to point is that at some posts, I don't see the actual picture posted by the author. For example, in the topics "Chopplo!" or "Morty McMire Pics?", the authors are posting some pictures, but I can't see them. I'm using Firefox and I don't know if this problem persist in other browsers simply because I don't use any others. However, I can see the picture by just pointing over the place where the picture should be displayed, and by pressing the right click to show me some options, I can see it displayed separately. Please do investigate on this bug.
Hmm, I use FireFox and I can see pictures in threads fine, are you sure it's not something to do with your settings? :confused
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

i can see the images just fine it's probably a setting or so
(i used to be ME!)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I use Opera and haven't had any problems, either. I don't know what it is, and I don't think there's anything I could do about it, in any case... I couldn't start going through the source code and trying to find a bug. :)

As for Unofficial Keen Games, if new, finished, Keen games are released there, those threads can be easily moved. We haven't had those that much lately... :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

I always thought "Unofficial Keen Games" was for discussing other people's games (e.g. "I'm stuck in someone's mod"), and the "Release Forum" was for announcing new things, be it fangames, mods, utilities, music remixes, etc.

As to Firefox, what version are you using? Perhaps an upgrade is in order.

While we're discussing forum issues, one thing I've noticed is that if you open too many subforums at the same time, some of the threads don't automatically get marked as read. Has anyone else noticed this? When I drop by I tend to click on "View posts since last visit", and then open all those threads in new tabs - but I have to do it slowly, or they're still marked as having unread posts when I'm done.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Oh, my mistake. It is to do with my settings. For some reason, images from photobucket were blocked. I very often block images here and there and most probably at some time, I've blocked the whole photobucket site :).
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

There's a new version of phpBB that, among other things, lets you quote multiple posts at once. (And possibly fix problems like Malvineous mentioned, which I think I've noticed, too.) How involved of a process would updating phpBB be?
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

I doubt you missed me, but here I am again, anyway. :p

Really nice new forum! And happy new year to all!
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

PCKFtelligent wrote:Most users ever online was 118 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:48
:confused
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Wow, insane! Have we been linked on some big site?
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

hi big site!
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Veke
Grunt

Post by Veke »

Hey all, I'm new here. I'm 13 years old and Commander Keen was my favorite game when I was younger... but I still love it. :)