Best Game Ever?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.

Well?

Action 52
No votes
E.T.
8%
Commander Keen 5: The Armageddon Machine
92%

Total votes: 13

VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Best Game Ever?

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

This is gonna be close! :dead2
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

No Superman 64? How am I supposed to take this poll seriously otherwise?
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

I haven't even played most games that people consider to be the best--like any Metal Gear games, or any Final Fantasy games. I know E.T. only through reputation, but its reputation is enough to convince me not to vote for it. Action 52, however, I've never even heard of before, so I don't know how to rate it in relation to Keen 5. As such, I'm holding off my vote for lack of information.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Deltamatic wrote:Action 52, however, I've never even heard of before, so I don't know how to rate it in relation to Keen 5. As such, I'm holding off my vote for lack of information.
I'll give you a hint - it's worse than Keen 5.

Think of it as a $200 version of ET, only with more glitches.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

In that case I might as well cast my vote in the same direction that every single other vote has gone.
Keen 5 has a lot more competition than that, of course, and although this is a joke thread I think it would be interesting to have a more comprehensive poll.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Deltamatic wrote:I think it would be interesting to have a more comprehensive poll.
True, but what if everyone has a unique idea of what the best game is? How can you realistically encompass those opinions? There are so many different opinions out there on what the best game is of all time, especially on a forum like this where we all come together because we're fans of not the most popular game series.

Maybe just a regular thread and not a poll? That way people can express their opinions and why they chose such a game.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Tyrian.

Win.

Although Dead Space DID give Tyrian a very good run for it's money.
Deltamatic wrote:I haven't even played most games that people consider to be the best--like any Metal Gear games, or any Final Fantasy games. I know E.T. only through reputation, but its reputation is enough to convince me not to vote for it. Action 52, however, I've never even heard of before, so I don't know how to rate it in relation to Keen 5. As such, I'm holding off my vote for lack of information.
Metal Gear really isn't all that spectacular. I don't know why people think so.
Final Fantasy, don't bother with any other than 4, 6 and 7. 8 is pretty cool because of Squall and his apathetic badassness but it's pretty obscure and starts to fall into the super ambiguous Japanese style where they tell you nothing and simply expect you to know the world, which is prevalent in Square's later games.

Er... yeah.

Personally, I don't know why Action 52 is mocked so much. I saw you tube videos where people pick a random game, look at the game and laugh. I saw nothing too terrible about it. A fairly straightforward game with simple graphics. 52 mini games jammed onto the same cartridge. Not bad for an NES either.

Can't hold up to overkill though.

Why Commander Keen is even compared to these games is beyond me. But it's pretty insulting to the series. :rolleyes
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Galaxieretter wrote:Personally, I don't know why Action 52 is mocked so much. I saw you tube videos where people pick a random game, look at the game and laugh. I saw nothing too terrible about it. A fairly straightforward game with simple graphics. 52 mini games jammed onto the same cartridge. Not bad for an NES either.
No. Some of the games didn't run at all. Some ran, but were too buggy to do anything. Some ran, but were exact copies of other games on the cartridge.
And to top it all off, the original game sold for more than $200.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Galaxieretter wrote:Why Commander Keen is even compared to these games is beyond me. But it's pretty insulting to the series. :rolleyes
I think the comparison is done for humorous intent :P
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

E.T., no question. One of the boldest games anyone's ever charged money for!