Lego Levels! The level pack you have been waiting for.

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Lego Levels! The level pack you have been waiting for.

Post by KeenRush »

Here it is, finally! Seven new levels for your enjoyment. Click the emoticon below to download. ;)
:stoopid

Image Image

Image Image

Edit: Issues which will be fixed soon:
* The level authors list is somehow in wrong order.
* The vorticon replacements in level 6 are more or less unbeatable.
Further edit: The above issues are now fixed -- redownload legolevs.zip.
Last edited by KeenRush on Mon Feb 15, 2010 19:05, edited 2 times in total.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Looks fascinating. Might give it a shot. I never played the original lego mod so it will be weird for me to start with a level pack before playing the actual thing :crazy
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

YES, FINALLY! (Took you long enough :p) Downloading and trying out right now.

Does this mean you've recovered all the data from your old hard drive?
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Hmm. I don't remember whether I actually submitted a level for this. Probably not.

Nice to see it see the light of day.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

This gives me renewed hope for Duke Nukem Forever. :dopekeen

Glad this finally got released, playing it right now!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Hold up, why did you mention who made which level in the readme? Half the fun is figuring it out!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I don't think most people could figure it out. I couldn't at least.

And nope Spleen, you were going to make one but it kind of got lost along the way.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Woohoo! Now to play all the levels, I think I don't even remember mine, so that's gonna be fun too.

EDIT: Well, I played through all the levels, your list might be wrong KR, maybe it's just backwards, but my level is definetly the second one. I'm no sure whose leves the rest are so I'm gonna refer to them in numbers.

Level1: Nice little level, a great way to beginn this levelpack, not too hard, with an oldschool feeling to it.
Level2: Mine, I hate it. I was such a sadist when I built it.
Level3: A bit too easy, I mean the green key is right below the green door. Could have done with a little more forced exploring. Otherwise nice.
Level4: Matik Castle. Great huge level, took me a while to get through it. Makes good use of the no ammo patch.
Level5: I deemed this level uncompletable when I finally found out how to do it. I love how difficult it is to get the pogo. A real maze.
Level6: Pretty straighforward get the keys level, good, except for the fact that all Vorticon replacements are unkillable, and at the same time barely passable.
Level7: Interesting level. Wide range precision jumps. I felt I had a few unfair deaths from dropping monsters though. Nice bonus exit.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Oops! :oops Please pay no attention to the level builders list!! I can't understand what I've done there. My level, for example, is the fifth, and I sure as garg knew that. Somehow I forgot to order the list. :old I'll fix the readme and upload the pack again when I get the chance (won't be for a few days). Until that, you can try to guess which level is by which author, just like CK Guy wanted to...

Oh, and DAMN! This is what happens when one doesn't test things properly. When I played the levels I just replaced level 1 with each in turn to avoid searching them all over the original world map. Then, when I made the new world map, I just tested every level starts, but didn't play them again... The reason is the following:
# Level on which vorticon commander appears
%patch $1813 $06
I'll #ize that too when I fix the authors list... Meanwhile, just remove the line.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

So far...

Level1 is fun. But sparse.
Level2 is hate. Too many death hurdles.
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

I can't seem to get this pack to work right..

Now, when come to think about it, I can't make Lego Keen work either. It's strange, I've played it through before. What am I doing wrong?

---

Level 1: Fun! I liek it.
Level 2: This level is so hard it makes me depressed.
Level 3. Waaayy to easy. Still, fun!..
Level 4: This is a really fun level. My fave so far. The only thing I don't like is all those times you have to jump down, and you can't see what you're jumping onto (or into). Everytime I die that way, it feels very unfair.
To be continued
Last edited by ZidaneA on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:31, edited 3 times in total.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

No idea... You should get Lego Keen working just by extracting the contents of its zip and then running lego.bat. (And this level pack by extracting it to the Lego Keen folder, replacing files, and running the same lego.bat.) Of course, you might need DosBox, in case you're not using that...
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

Oh, lego.bat.
It's working, thanks!

(1 posts left)