The Confessions Thread

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

elecdude33 wrote:V pbasrff, V'z cbfgvat va EBG13 sbe ab tbbq ernfba.
"postive" in ROT13?
Wow look at me I'm lurking
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

CK Guy wrote:God damn it elecdude. Two posts of sfkhef suhssw sfkhuawe guhuaewr?!
Vg'f EBG13. V hfrq uggc://ebg13.qr/
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

TNNNNNET!! :garg Enough of that rotten cipher. :dopekeen
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Shadow Master wrote:Aww... dang. Thanks for ruining my little moment of fun. We all know my real name. What I wonder is how you did know that in Spanish it's meant to be a male name. >:
EDIT: lol @ Djaser's reply.
EDIT2: the first two confessions are true facts anyway:
1) I love Keen 1 because of its simplicity
2) I hate Keen 4. The :dopefish couldn't let me play calm.
En verdad, yo hablo una poca en espanol. Mi gramatica es asi asi, pero mis nombres eras horrible. Pero se que peudo llamarte mi amigo... o mi amiga? Hehe. Yo recordo un nombre en espanol, que es "Luz". En englais, se lamma le "Light".

*shrugs*

1) I have beaten the final level in Keen 3.
2) I have beaten all of the Keens, including every level.
3) I have only played one level pack, and three mods for K1-3.
4) My favorite Keen games are K3 and K6.
5. My least favorite Keen game is Keen 5.
6) Not saying if I've pirated any games.
7) I love Crystal Caves as much as I love Keen. Biomenace makes a close second. Duke II was also excellent.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
Sillygostly
Grunt

Post by Sillygostly »

1) Circa 2001-02, I bought Commander Keen: Goodbye Galaxy in MINT CONDITION for only $10 and my mum gave it away to some generation X 8 year old for his birthday. :(
2) Errr... I would happily pay up for a hard copy of the original Keen games in mint condition. :P
3) The ONLY Keen game that I'm yet to finish is Keen 2. I've completed CK4-6 in hard. Hell, just last week I completed Keen 5 in hard mode. :)
4) Keens 3 & 5 are byfar my FAVOURITE games in the series.
5) I can complete Keen 3 in under 2 1/2 minutes (I *think*). It's been a while since I played though.
6) I'm extremely ashamed of my inane prepubescent "contributions" to the Keen community. :o (hence my years-long absence :o:P)
7) As a child, I used to wait around for Robo Red to say "Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!" (as a result of misreading the F1 description :o)
8) I found the Pyramid of the Forbidden on my own by sheer coincidence. :) Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Korath III Base. :(
9) Keen 2 and the full version of 6 are the only PC Keen games that I haven't played in the 90s.
10) Keen 2 and Keen Dreams are my least favourite in the series.
11) Once upon an art class I created a lino print of Bloogville with the giant one eyed tree watching over it, but I lost any known copies YEARS ago. :(
12) My disabled sister inadvertently discovered the F8 bug in Keen 1 (and that's how I first discovered the secret level in Keen 1).
13) I used to think that Keen 6 was titled "Aliens Ate My Baby Sister".
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Haha, welcome back, Unfleex! Long time no see.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Sillygostly wrote: 13) I used to think that Keen 6 was titled "Aliens Ate My Baby Sister".
I think I might have thought that for a while at first too...
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Hey, cool, Welcome back Unfleexable! :)
Sillygostly
Grunt

Post by Sillygostly »

Hehe, cheers. :o
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

1. I believe playing Keen with a Gravis gamepad is the "authentic" way to play Keen, so much I put in an old sound card so I could use it.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Alright, here's a confession: For the longest time, I thought Keen's weapon was the Neutral Stunner, not the Neural Stunner. :P
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

2. I was too afraid of difficulty in playing Keen 1 when I was little I always used cheats, till I took them off and realized how easy it was.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

XkyRauh wrote:Alright, here's a confession: For the longest time, I thought Keen's weapon was the Neutral Stunner, not the Neural Stunner. :P
me too!
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Sillygostly
Grunt

Post by Sillygostly »

Same here. :D
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Which reminds me,

7. I used to pronounce 'Grand Intellect' as 'Grand Int-ELL-ect', with the emphasis on the middle syllable. Mort was 'MORE-timer McMire'. I'd never heard the name Mortimer outside of Keen. Not that I ever said them aloud at that point, but that's how they sounded in my head when I read them.

I also read variable as var-EYE-able at the time. It was many years after I started programming Qbasic that I really thought about that the word was derived from 'vary' and should be pronounced thus.