Yoshi's Island DS: Baby Donkey Kong

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Yoshi's Island DS: Baby Donkey Kong

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

You'd expect it to be the same Donkey Kong Mario fought in his first adventure that escaped from the zoo, right (i.e. Cranky Kong)? But he looks more like Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong from the Country games).

Does this make any sense? Do you think the original Donkey Kong is so much older than Mario that he had a baby and still isn't an old man by the time Mario encounters him? But wait... that should mean Donkey Kong Jr. would be an adult relative to Mario as well, but he isn't. He's still a baby while he tries to rescue his dad from Mario.

So maybe they just got the design wrong in Yoshi's Island DS, or this makes no chronological sense whatsoever :crazy :foot
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

PS: Are Diddy and Dixie chimpanzees or young gorillas? The fact Kiddy is related to Dixie suggests the latter.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Mario and its affiliations make as much sense as an 8-year old boy with an IQ of 314 :crazy
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Agree with lemm... :lol Congrats for another interesting topic, VBB. 8) Do you happen to have a screenshot of this game?
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Wasn't there some sort of time warp involved, so that both Baby Bowser and Adult Bowser could both be in it?
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

RoboBlue wrote:Wasn't there some sort of time warp involved, so that both Baby Bowser and Adult Bowser could both be in it?
Yeah, there's that too. But the baby donkey kong is in his natural time period. Wait, now that I think about it, it's possible that he's not.... epic paradox :crazy

Edit:
KeenRush wrote:Do you happen to have a screenshot of this game?
ImageImage
There. Are you satisfied?
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

CONCLUSION: Play the original, or Tetris Attack. Damn that game is addictive. I beat the super-hard mode yesterday and I am proud of myself because that is INSANE.