Avoid the Noid

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
wildrooster
Vortininja

Avoid the Noid

Post by wildrooster »

Anyone ever play this? It totally popped into my head last night. It came on a random disc from a friend who must have gotten with his pizza or something (there was a pizza ban in my house for many years - which I think is what makes me so off today).

Anyways, it was surprisingly fun for such a lame attempt at an advertising game. It was probably one of the first advertising games.

http://www.squakenet.com/computer_games ... nload.html

This link is weird, though. The gameplay video is for a later NES version in 1990 called Yo! Noid. I'm talking about the 1989 version, which you can see when you click the CGA image at the middle right of the page.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

WHAT! Ceilick's Noid enemy was actually just ripped!

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Noid
Image You crack me up little buddy!
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Ceilick's Noid has no ears though...
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

I came across that once in an article on advertising in games. Never actually played it though.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

WHAT! Ceilick's Noid enemy was actually just ripped!
haha :lol At the time I couldnt find a screenshot of the noid and wasn't experienced enough to take screen captures, so I made that sprite by opening Avoid the noid, pausing it, looking at the sprite and then hittting the windows key and drawing what i remembered :dopekeen My noid also has no ears because I wasn't experienced with changing sprite size.

Anyway, I loved this game. Not sure If i ever beat it, but I did get to the roof of the building where those damn noids start flying airplanes and dropping bombs on you.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Haha, ah yeah that sounds like the guy I know, who pixels all his dithering by hand....
Image You crack me up little buddy!