Planet Keen Reborn

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Planet Keen Reborn

Post by Commander Spleen »

So it's been sitting there in my sig for a couple of years, despite two years' Keen Day posts with nothing in between, and nothing after for another couple of years. Welp, it's back, in a different form.

It's no longer a news site, but a central portal linking to as many other Keen sites as it possibly can.

The link, as always, is in my sig below.

Now I need more Keen sites to link. So post away! Also, feel free to create buttons/banners for entries that currently don't have an image associated with them (or improve the existing ones).
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

Ooh, looking nice! Glad to see it's finally getting some use.

But the only not listed site I can think of is, um, PlanetKeen. You should link to it. :dopekeen
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

O YEAH

I forgot to recurse WHAT
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Hey, if you feel like being awesome and putting up a fancy logo for cc314 you can find it at Image.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Lookin' good, this kind of site was missing from the Keenweb. 8)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

I made a sign for the Keen IRC.

I thought the P and F would look better with a Fleex blue. :)
...maybe I might be a bit too full of myself

Enjoy :drool
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

That's actually pretty nifty, and a link to the IRC channel is definitely in order. EDIT: Whoop, didn't see the link was already there. Still, the more things with a nifty button, the better.
I'd say the Minecraft server too, but with the link changing madly all the time, that might be hard... maybe since we're running the Python server now I could hook up some code and a PHP script to keep the link automatically up-to-date. If anyone thinks it's worth it, that is.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

An auto-updating link would be excellent.

I'm adding a link to the CKCM, along with the buttons posted above. I'm not so keen on the colours on either one, but they'll do for now.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I think it needs a pinter to the Patch Index or the CKFS site.

Looking good!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Ah yes, those too!

Next I must figure out an effective way of getting rid of the disparate vertical spaces.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Commander Spleen wrote:Next I must figure out an effective way of getting rid of the disparate vertical spaces.
How about making a table with two horizontal cells, and a new table in both of the cells, and on the left side make it display (one cell per row) the link entries 0, 2, 4... and on the right side 1, 3, 5... This assuming your data is not hardcoded (although you could do the same thing even if it were). Granted, this can make the other side taller/longer than the other, at the bottom of the page, but it might not look too bad.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Yeah, the uneven sides thing was what I was mainly concerned about. Also I'd just create two variables that keep having a div added to them each cycle. At the end of the loop, their entire chunks are echoed into the tds.

I suppose the links could just be shuffled around manually until they all balance out.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Re: Planet Keen Reborn

Post by kuliwil »

Commander Spleen wrote:So it's been sitting there in my sig for a couple of years, despite two years' Keen Day posts with nothing in between, and nothing after for another couple of years. Welp, it's back, in a different form.

It's no longer a news site, but a central portal linking to as many other Keen sites as it possibly can.

The link, as always, is in my sig below.

Now I need more Keen sites to link. So post away! Also, feel free to create buttons/banners for entries that currently don't have an image associated with them (or improve the existing ones).
Nice site! Very useful! :D
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

I agree, very nice and useful. However, it IS a site for a 90's game fanbase. What do we all remember about the Internet in the 90's?

.. EMBEDDED MIDI!! :dopekeen
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

It's a shame that Spleen doesn't update this site, even if you tell him some links are missing...
Image You crack me up little buddy!