ID super pack half-price on steam

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Yeah. Waiting for something to install is boring. On Steam it takes longer because of download time, which makes it duller. At least with floppy disks you had something to do - change the disk every MB (2 minutes)...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Um...

It took like .2 seconds to download Commander Keen through Steam the last time I needed to. It took more time navigating to the folder than it took to download.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

I wasn't just talking about Keen. I got TF2 a year ago and it STILL hasn't finished downloading!
Cereal Board!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

That sounds... unlikely. Are you on some insanely slow dialup connection or something? :confused Then Steam wasn't the right service for you, anyway (except for their CD-distributed games I guess).
Wow look at me I'm lurking
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

I'm on 10Mb Broadband. What takes the time is the unreliable nature of Steam, the fact they keep releasing updates and the fact that when I run Steam my whole computer slows down so I haven't had it running in the background since about November...
Cereal Board!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Wow, that sounds pretty horrible. :confused Steam's been running acceptably even on a low-end computer here, so frankly I'm surprised it's such a problem causer for you.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Re: ID super pack half-price on steam

Post by Rorie »

VikingBoyBilly wrote: Aye, the downside of being on steam is that you'd have to log into it, using the internetz, to play any of them, and you can't, you know, physically get them onto your HD to play around with or make copies and move them to other places >:
i own both of the monkey island remakes thru steam and do not have to be connected to the net to play them
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

But new games refuse to run if you aren't connected to the internet. Assasin's Creed 2 is one of these arrogant-style games. (Like Assasin's Creed 2 was SOOOO good anyway. It's like having a watermark on your 'original' anime pic. You are only fooling yourself.)

Metro 2033 had this as well I believe. I forget what else. You can always just download the offline crack anyway.

BUT keep in mind, MOST games that you get through Steam aren't poopyright protected like that. So that means you can just cut and paste into your "program files" directory and there you go, no more Steam.