The "I'm looking for a classic game" Thread

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I'm curious... has anyone, EVER beaten lemmings the whole way through? I know there's entire guides on gamefaqs so I guess they must have. I left off months ago somewhere in the middle of episode 3, got the password recorded in a neat (cluttered) little file, and the level I'm on is fucling impossible :x
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Thanks, that was it.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Ah, what a topic. Who remember billy the kid returns? Ha!

So I got one. I don't know the title. Basically you are a truck driver and are supposed to drive around Canada - maybe the US too. I remember the game at my school when I was young.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

I'm thinking Cross Country USA, but that came out in 1985 and is a bit older than the game I thought I remembered.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

It was mainly canadian, if I remember correctly. Graphics were early 1990-ish I think.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

There was this one game, it was like a cheap DOS FPS. It started out by playing the tune of the Funeral March, and gave you a choice of two robots to choose from. Then you had to walk around a maze and find the other robot.
I don't know if I had a demo or what, but it seems to be obscure, and probably isn't worth finding... but I want to know what it was!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Maybe Megatron?

There's no Funeral March, but the rest of it seems to match up.

(Also, wooo still having a copy of the menu layout from my 386.)
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

That is VERY similar, but from what I remember, the game was a lot darker.
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Scarlet wrote:It was mainly canadian, if I remember correctly. Graphics were early 1990-ish I think.
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/g ... nada2.html
I think I know which one you are talking about, and it's probably the game "Cross Country Canada 2." (The first one was like CGA type wtf graphics and I never played it.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCVQFzBAu14
^-- Cross Country Canada 1 on You Tube.

I'm looking for a game, more of a game ENGINE, I have no idea what it's called... but it was the first TRUE 3D game engine ever made. It was made, I believe, in the late 80's. There is a SPECIFIC game that I want, where you are in this bizarre abstract world and you have to find a key to unlock a door that lets you get back to the Space Shuttle you arrived on, thus completing the game.

I'm really looking for ANY game made in that engine. I do remember there was ONE specific game called "Country Home." It was, more or less, just a demo of some dude's house that he built in this 3D engine. I know there were more games made in this engine. I've had no luck searching for "country home" because I got a brazilian other search results that were unrelated.

In the engine, you could move around laterally using the keyboard. You could use the mouse to click on the screen and it would shoot "lasers" out from the corners of the screen to where you clicked, allowing you to interact with various items in the game world. If it be actually "lasering" things , picking up items, or just interacting with an object.

I know someone out there knows what I'm talking about... I just don't know if it's here.
Dr. Kylstein
Vortininja

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

Galaxieretter: Maybe this? I think I've seen a space shuttle in one of the 3D Construction Kit demos.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Dr. Kylstein wrote:Galaxieretter: Maybe this? I think I've seen a space shuttle in one of the 3D Construction Kit demos.
THANK YOU! After a bit of searching the Freescape name started to sound familiar. Then I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HueBfvy_f8 which was exactly the game I was looking for. I can't believe I recognized the name.
Now I just need to find a copy. :dopefish

Been looking for years for this game.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I actually recall two games I can't remember the name of I want to see again.

One was a PS1 game where you played as a robot rabbit and it was an FPS. I know the title contained some kind of pun like "rabbot" or something. Each map was just a big place you could explore, really. You could beat enemies by jumping on them or by shooting powerups you picked up, one of which was called a "cherry bomb", and as you might guess it was literally a cherry that blew up.
Uh... The first klonoa game?
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

CKeen wrote:
VikingBoyBilly wrote:I actually recall two games I can't remember the name of I want to see again.

One was a PS1 game where you played as a robot rabbit and it was an FPS. I know the title contained some kind of pun like "rabbot" or something. Each map was just a big place you could explore, really. You could beat enemies by jumping on them or by shooting powerups you picked up, one of which was called a "cherry bomb", and as you might guess it was literally a cherry that blew up.
Uh... The first klonoa game?
Isn't that a sidescrolling platformer, not an FPS?
Wow look at me I'm lurking
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

erm, I think we've solved that one...
On another note, I'm searching for Kid Works 1, which was for dos and seems to be unfindable. If anyone comes across either that or Numbermaze, please let me know. :)