*SPAM*

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.

*SPAM*

Post by Guest »

[Admin edit:] *SPAM*
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

So ... um ... what's your favorite episode of Keen? :lol

And also, make sure you use bbcode instead of html. :crazy

. . .

(Maybe we should force some sort of email activation thing for new accounts.)
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Shouldn't there be a thing like on K:M in the register form to fill out questions about Keen?
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

^ LOL, how about you're shown a picture of a Keen 6 enemy and you need to type in the name. :lol

[Edit] Wait, I didn't read your post correctly. There's actually trivia questions on K:M? *checks* Holy garg! :crazy That's amazing!! They weren't there when I registered, I'm surprised no one had mentioned it yet, even in passing. Good work adurdin! ;) Those clever people at phpbb, that's a good idea to have little questionnaires in the registration screen.

[Edit again] And it changes each time you refresh!! GENIUS!
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Problem is, this board is for everyone, not just keen fans that are going to know the names.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

A link to the wiki page with the names would suffice, without destroying the security procedure. Otherwise, we need a more creative solution, as something needs to be done about those spam-bots, even if they are fairly intermittent at the moment.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I think something should be done, yeah.. Also, guys, stop answering these spam topics. I'll remove this a bit later just because there are these replies.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

KeenRush wrote:Also, guys, stop answering these spam topics.
Why?
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Well, there's no rule against that, but it just makes no sense, and I have to check if there's anything relevant said. :crazy
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

KeenRush wrote:Well, there's no rule against that, but it just makes no sense, and I have to check if there's anything relevant said. :crazy
Oh like doing things that make no sense and I can't say I feel guilty stealing another five minutes of your life.
Aaaah, not the bees!
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

I put a so called "Captcha" on the KeenWiki which makes you add two numbers together before you can register, and although it's only plain text (so incredibly simple to defeat) we haven't had any spam accounts created since...

I still like the idea of asking the names of Keen creatures though, with a couple of links in case people need to look them up. Anyone who gets scared off by that probably don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the community anyway.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Malvineous wrote:I still like the idea of asking the names of Keen creatures though, with a couple of links in case people need to look them up. Anyone who gets scared off by that probably don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the community anyway.
Yeah, definitely agree, and in fact, about five mins ago I just e-mailed the others and asked if such thing could be set. It wouldn't be very complicated for someone to check a linked Keen 1 enemy list (for example of KeenWiki's) and answer to the question "What is the name of the one-eyed friendly Martian?" or something like that ("yorp"). :)
grafix
Chilling in Crystalus

Post by grafix »

Turning off guest posting would also be a good start :P
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

As far as I know it should be off. :confused This topic's poster just looks like 'Guest' because I deleted it/him/her.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Agreed with the few questions and link to wiki suggestion. If people want in this forum, the least they can do is search for 4 names on wiki (and of course, Keen fans would automatically know the answers).