Commander Keen 64

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Very cool, keep the work up man. Haha, I'm surprised you're still working on this. On the other hand, I still occasionally work on mine. Who knows, maybe in another five years I'll release mine, too, haha. Or maybe together, seeing as how we started them both at about the same time.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
Videogamer555
Grunt

Post by Videogamer555 »

Is there a cheat code for this so I can safely explore the level without the gargs killing me all the time? I tried c+t+spacebar and g+o+d but none of those worked. If there is no currently working cheat, developer please make one.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Nospike, Ceilick: Many thanks to the both of you!

CKeen: Ok, thank you, I will see what I can do about that.

Grimson: Yes, it will be covered in spikes. Thanks for asking!

Globox: Thanks! Yeah, the project is still going, haha. I hope you finish yours!

Videogamer555: Thanks for bringing this up, there are not any cheats at the moment, but I will put them in the next release, aka, the full version (hopefully). Thanks for giving me this idea.

tulip: Yeah, actually you still need the purple platforms, except this time you use the purple ones to get to the first big platform instead. Thanks!
Videogamer555
Grunt

Post by Videogamer555 »

Will there be an editor released with the game as well for those who want to rearrange stuff in levels and such :crazy
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Yes, there will be an editor released (item editor) that I made, a model pack and a link to the program I used (which is free) to build the level geometry. The game and item editor will also be open source. Thanks for asking!
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

bump, this game shouldn't plunge to the bottom, even if Lava89 is inactive when it comes to this game.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

BlueGasMask wrote:bump, this game shouldn't plunge to the bottom, even if Lava89 is inactive when it comes to this game.
Eh? Lava is an active member of the community. When there will be updates that are worth checking out, he'll tell us. No need to bump project threads unless it's R.O.C.K.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

It's also on the front page of the KeenWiki.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Thanks for the bump, BlueGasMask!

Yeah, as CKeen said (thanks CKeen!), I will post updates when they come. But just to reassure you, I will not give up this project with coming this far without either finishing it or if the absolute worst case scenario happened, I'd post its source code and all of its materials so someone else could pick it up.

Right now the current goal is to finish the game, things are moving slowly, with school being my primary obstacle. But I already have working gameplay code (as shown by the demos) which is my frame to build levels off of. I've also finished up all of the character models, I just need to animate and program them. The hard part is making the levels. So there's no reason to give up now with so much work already behind me.

And thanks Spleen for mentioning the KeenWiki page for it!
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Keep it up- just got a demo recently and this is one of the neatest (gaming-related) things I've ever seen. Can't wait for it to be done!!!

-GAAARRRRRGG!!!
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Thanks dude, I really appreciate that! I'm glad you liked it.
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

re dl'n it now
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

If dl'n means downloading, awesome! I hope you like what is there.
Hagel
Vortininja

Post by Hagel »

Haven´t heared anything since a while from your project. How is ist going? Best wishes!