Tron: Legacy

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Tron: Legacy

Post by thehackercat »

I saw it on Friday, and let me tell every one of you: IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SEEING IT, GO TO TEH THEATER RITE NAO.

Seriously, the movie is extremely well-done, and not just in the way of CGI. If you like action movies, saw the original Tron, or both, go see it.

Did anyone else see this movie?
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Nope, and I don't really plan to. But if you liked it then I guess they did something right.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

They did a fuling AMAZING job. I don't see why TVNZ and MediaWorks NZ are saying that it lacks an interesting plot. In fact as soon as I heard that from a news presenter I stood up and yelled "FUCL YOU" at the monitor.

God damn it I am crazy.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

It might be fun to see in 3D. Otherwise, meh.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Paramultart wrote:It might be fun to see in 3D. Otherwise, meh.
Actually the 3D version wasn't spectacular, any effects were settle and the movie before Sam goes into the Tron world was completely 2D, so I didn't need to wear the glasses for those parts, even though they had a beginning message advising to wear them through the whole movie (maybe they were trying to do a Wizard of Oz effect).

So I would advise judging the movie on its own merits and not the 3D effects. Overall I really liked the movie. I'd give it an 8/10. My biggest gripe is that I had a hard time connecting with Sam or even his father. But I thought the story was good (told well and well crafted), the FX were good, and Daft Punk did a great score. Lastly it was alot better than the first movie, in my opinion.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Saw this last week, and ++;

Such wonderful nonsense, and simply great fun. I'm pretty sure the 3D doesn't work as well as it's meant to for me (I see depth into the screen, but not out of it toward me as others have described with previous films.) But what did work was neat, and was minimally gimmicky.

Also, blasphemy I know, but I'm yet to see the original. :| ASAP = go
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Just saw it...I quite enjoyed the movie. As has been said, 3D made minimal difference to the experience. It was a very cool film...it looked great, the soundtrack was awesome and the plot was actually not nearly as dopey as I've heard some people say it is. The dialogue is a little hokey sometimes but for most of the movie it isn't really noticeable. All in all, I recommend this one.