Commander Keen in: HAYRO! (recruits needed)

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
PandoricaShark
To Be Precise

Post by PandoricaShark »

Blooguards should be plasma sword wielding elites, obviously.
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

so what you're saying, is that i could have 2 replacement for 1 monster, but they can't be in the same level?
for the teleporters, what if i simply made some that go to other places, and others only go back to themselves?

by door, i will assume you mean the keygem doors, and for brigdes, i assume you mean in-level bridges.
i don't think i know that much about it, as this is my first mod concept, hoping to spawn at least 2 more. However, i DO believe that i have some idea of how they work.

the boss blooguard replacement is the hammer guy (i forget he/she/its name), while a plasma sword will be equipped by the boss nospike, which i think was an elite.

normal blooguard replacements just might be nerfed-yet-weilding-swords elites though.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

You can read Lass' doors tutorial on K:M. ;)
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

oh, can you give the link? i don't know where to start looking :dead
StupidBunny wrote:
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

so what you're saying, is that i could have 2 replacement for 1 monster, but they can't be in the same level?
Correct, and even then it's difficult.
for the teleporters, what if i simply made some that go to other places, and others only go back to themselves?
Yes, that's possible. Some information on them is here: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Patch:T ... eleporters
by door, i will assume you mean the keygem doors, and for brigdes, i assume you mean in-level bridges.
i don't think i know that much about it, as this is my first mod concept, hoping to spawn at least 2 more. However, i DO believe that i have some idea of how they work.
A brief bit of info for how the bridges work: http://www.shikadi.net/wiki/keen/index. ... en_4_and_5
the boss blooguard replacement is the hammer guy (i forget he/she/its name), while a plasma sword will be equipped by the boss nospike, which i think was an elite.
Doing this will be difficult, but possible. I hope you can find free animation frames to use for it and I think I can overwrite some cheat codes to fit in the new behavior. I think it may be possible to do a placement trick so that you *can* have the two enemies in the same level.

If the two enemies have differing health, I'm not sure how easily that can be done.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
PandoricaShark
To Be Precise

Post by PandoricaShark »

Unless you can modify how many hit points the blooguards have, you may need to add some other level stuff like the pistons or things to grab for the boss levels.
zdude
Grunt

Post by zdude »

Eros wrote:the boss blooguard replacement is the hammer guy (i forget he/she/its name).
You are referring to the brutes. They are the ones that wield gravity hammers. If you want, I can provide links to info about all the races in the Covenant through the Halo series. It may give you a better idea as to how you want the monsters created.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Unless you can modify how many hit points the blooguards have, you may need to add some other level stuff like the pistons or things to grab for the boss levels.
The ease of that would depend on how we make the bosses. A 'If in level x then have y health else z health' would be easy enough to do, but if we want both kinds in a level, something more complex with the collision will be needed.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

that will not be too much worry, i will make every effort not to have 2 of the same type original monster in the same level.
StupidBunny wrote:
Anti204
Grunt

Post by Anti204 »

welllllllllllllllllllll......... I'm kinda havin trouble with the sprites..... can any1 help me with that?? like, as in send me a link r sumthin??? thx
Last edited by Anti204 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
OMGGGGGGGGGG Medal of Honor is soooooooooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!! can't work on Hayro :( XD
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

no lol get out
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Wow, new spambot style!
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Where are the Spamvertising links if it's a spambot? Are you sure it's not just a n00b?
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

it's not a spambot I can assure you, as I've talked over PM before, he's a friend of Eros, helping him with the mod.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

Okay, whew! Had me worried. If spambots started acting like that, we'd be done for!