Oh, Sand Yego! NOW I get it! LOL!

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

i still prefer goplats as the name of those scotties
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

All right, to add to the list of belated revelations, Xkylyr Rauh's real name is Xkylyr Rauh. I did not know this until this evening. I always thought it was a cool pseudonym. Turns out it's a very cool real name. http://www.powayusd.com/pusdphs/ALUMNI/ ... gyear=2001

So, yeah, awesome name, Xky! Now that I know it's your name in real life, I feel sort of obligated to find out how to pronounce it. 'Ek-Sky' probably won't cut it.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Yep, Xkylyr Rauh... Say it like Skylar, and then Rauh rhymes with Cow or How. Xky (or Sky) is just easier to say, and it's less formal. :)

I had someone talk to me on Skype once, when I used it, who thought it was pronounced "Ecks-key" instead of "Sky!"
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Before joining the PCKF, I played Episode X, and I thought Xky was an acronym or something. So I used to say X-K-Y.

I've wondered... when people read my username, do they say 3-1-4, or three-fourteen? I say three-fourteen.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

XkyRauh wrote:Yep, Xkylyr Rauh... Say it like Skylar, and then Rauh rhymes with Cow or How.
Whoops! I had that all messed up in my head. I was thinking it was more like "Rah" or "Ra".
So more like "R-ow"?

Skylar R-ow.
Genius314 wrote:I've wondered... when people read my username, do they say 3-1-4, or three-fourteen? I say three-fourteen.
I usually say Genius Three Fourteen in my head but sometimes I just use "genius."
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

XkyRauh wrote:I had someone talk to me on Skype once, when I used it, who thought it was pronounced "Ecks-key" instead of "Sky!"
It's not?
My worldview, what are you doing? :confused
Aaaah, not the bees!
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

CK Guy wrote:All right, to add to the list of belated revelations, Xkylyr Rauh's real name is Xkylyr Rauh. I did not know this until this evening. I always thought it was a cool pseudonym. Turns out it's a very cool real name.
I found out three years ago that it was his real name.

You're slow.
Niborius
Grunt

Post by Niborius »

The first time i read it i already had to think about the word "san diego" :)