Commander Keen in TRAPPED IN TIME

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
DeathByNeuralStunner
Grunt

Commander Keen in TRAPPED IN TIME

Post by DeathByNeuralStunner »

I had an idea for a Keen game (I know nothing of modding) but here is the story

A hyper-powered light beam has destroyed the earth and the human race is obliterated. Keen now has to go back to : The Shadowlands, The shikadi Planet, Fribulus Xax and Vorticon IV to find and assemble 4 parts of a time travel device. Then our hero must go back to the point just before the Earths detonation and prevent the otherwise inevitable annihalation of the humans.

it was just a stupid idea thought of whilst on a walk

just wanted to know your thoughts on the story
:p :p
Ok who got Stunner goop all over the wall
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

While time travel is an awesome theme for a mod, the "assemble four parts" thing is old. Maybe the earth-destroying weapon was fired ages ago and Keen has to use four time machines, going further back in time with each time machine, before he can prevent the weapon from firing. The map could be divided into sections based on which age it is, with teleporters as the time machines.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Deltamatic wrote:While time travel is an awesome theme for a mod, the "assemble four parts" thing is old. Maybe the earth-destroying weapon was fired ages ago and Keen has to use four time machines, going further back in time with each time machine, before he can prevent the weapon from firing. The map could be divided into sections based on which age it is, with teleporters as the time machines.
This was my idea for Keen 10-12. -.- But no sense to make Keen 10-12,remember.
DeathByNeuralStunner
Grunt

I see

Great thinking
I understand your point and I never thought much of the original story
when you say 4 different time machines does this mean on Earth or scattered around the universe?

I thanks you for you creative criticism
DeathByNeuralStunner
Grunt

rewrite 1

A deadly race of aliens have obliterated the earth and all its inhabitants. Commander Keen , now with no home nor family travels to the shadowlands and consults the oracle. he is told to travel to a planet in which time travel has been mastered and to use 4 atom powered time machines to access different parts in history to destroy the nuclear power cores that fuel the malevolent device. Prepared to rewrite history in order to save humanity (Once Again) he may find himself

TRAPPED IN TIME :dopekeen
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

With earth, players would easily recognize what time it was, and the mod would stand out from the crowd since most mods are set in space, but you'd have to explain why we don't have historical records of Commander Keen. With space you'd have more creative freedom for enemies, levels etc.
DeathByNeuralStunner
Grunt

on EARTH: the aliens could have been planning for centuries and have sent unknown undercover agents to different countries at different times to assure success.

In SPACE: the aliens have been monitoring us for ages and were contructing the cannon in that time. maybe a level on the moon or other space related human deeds over the years
DeathByNeuralStunner
Grunt

I thought over what Delta said and a friend told me that maybe keen sealed off the records of him in history and destroyed them to return things to normal :british :british
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

the human race is obliterated
Keen now has to go back to
Something's not quite right here...
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

What about "all humans on earth"? So Keen could come back from some space adventure only to find earth destroyed, and the international space station crew tell him what happened.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

didnt read the post. Panned the mod the second i read the thread title.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

VBB, post constructively or don't post.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

I like the idea of Earth getting obliterated. What if Keen already has the Time Machine (built it perhaps? he is a genius after all), but he has to track down who actually destroyed it and where they did it?

You could do it like a point & click adventure game and have to talk to various aliens across the galaxy and get clues. There's this program called "Adventure Game Studio". Its free and very easy to use (if you want to do a game like that).
Keeper
Vortininja

Post by Keeper »

I was thinking of something more like The Terminator - Mortimer goes back in time to eliminate Commander Keen's parents before little Billy is born :dead

The best thing about this idea is that when Keen goes to the past, he could meet his grandfather - B.J. Blazkowicz!
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Oh, it's a fangame! I should've read the first post more carefully, all this time I thought it was a mod.
Yeah, a Keen adventure game would rock.