Other people to help with 2.5 commander keen (unity engine)

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Yamaha_ERG121
Grunt

Post by Yamaha_ERG121 »

Lava89 wrote:Nice work! :D What is the polygon count?

Is there a way to see it without the grid? Just so it can be easier to see how the model looks without the wire-frame look to it. You could also color the model with materials, before you texture it, that might help as well in getting a feel for the model.

Either way, awesome work!
I always leave the wireframe option on in 3dsmax... that's what you see now. Forgot to turn it off before the printscreen. It's about 10.000 polygons (Quite a lot i know), but did some research before and 30.000 shouldn't be a problem for a main gamecharacter in Unity.

I placed it in unity right after it and the "game" started fine on my laptop (with Intel GMA onboard graphics card :o ). Even after testing different versions of keen on the same scene. (His butt looked a bit strange in Unity, so changed that a little). Either way there should also be enough room (in the polycount) for other objects in the scene. But i'm sure there will be...

I'm texturing right now... And i think his hands are too small... well have to tweak something about that too i guess..
no
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

How is this game going? XP (7_7)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Yamaha_ERG121
Grunt

Post by Yamaha_ERG121 »

I'm still working on it but on a very low level these days.

Before christmas a member of my family got sick (my mom) and is still in the hospital these days... Everything is all messed up right now.. because the situation has turned so badly that she won't even return home for the next couple months. And even after that period things are not sure.

At the moment i'm just trying to arrange everything and try to find a way that there is taking care of her and of our pets during the day time...

So i'm really feeling misable... and haven't spend so much time on the project anymore. But i think i should because it can take my mind of things.

Last time i made an attempt to animate keen, but figured out i should change some things in the model. So i'm doing that right now... and i made some background art for the skybox in the environment...
no
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

It seems to be this project is failed too. LOL
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
ALMN
Vortininja

Post by ALMN »

hope things start lookin better for your mom ol dirty
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Yamaha_ERG121 wrote:I'm still working on it but on a very low level these days.

Before christmas a member of my family got sick (my mom) and is still in the hospital these days... Everything is all messed up right now.. because the situation has turned so badly that she won't even return home for the next couple months. And even after that period things are not sure.

At the moment i'm just trying to arrange everything and try to find a way that there is taking care of her and of our pets during the day time...

So i'm really feeling misable... and haven't spend so much time on the project anymore. But i think i should because it can take my mind of things.

Last time i made an attempt to animate keen, but figured out i should change some things in the model. So i'm doing that right now... and i made some background art for the skybox in the environment...
Damn, I'm terribly sorry to hear this. I really hope your mother will get healthy, and best of luck to you too. As mortimer said, modding doesn't matter when real life is involved.

szemi wrote:It seems to be this project is failed too. LOL
:|

EDIT: wow, just noticed that post is five months old, so it's also a bump.

just, wow.

anyway I hope your mother is fine now.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

What i said was in funny style. + As you saw the project has pretty much stopped right now.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

szemi wrote:What i said was in dummy style. + As you saw the brain has pretty much stopped right now.
ALMN
Vortininja

Post by ALMN »

what i said was in Newport Style, as in, i wanted to smoke a newport while i typed it
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

ALMN wrote:what i said was in Newport Style, as in, i wanted to smoke a newport while i typed it
and?
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

stop posting nonsense here! From now on anyone except Yamaha will be punished for posting in this thread.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Alright.