Mink's Puzzle Pack

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Keenfan
Vortininja

Post by Keenfan »

By the way: Are there any news on the second project, Mink?
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Heheh, I can't believe this hoax lasted so long.
Yeah, even only yesterday it made Spleen to edit my post to cover the truth :old MOD POWAH ABUSMINT
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Hey that's a great game! Very clever indeed!

At first, It's a bit hard to get used to make jumping keens how you want them to, especially when there are many ones. Maybe there could be a better way to clear your past keens by simply pressing a specific keyboard button.

My favorite part was the blue level. I dunno why there was only one. Really clever, hard and challenging puzzles.

I didn't find the secret level, though. You maybe already talked about the non-working teleport. But anyway, very well done!
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

wiivn wrote:I didn't find the secret level, though.
This might explain why you only encountered one blue level... ;) Thanks though, glad you like it; it's always nice to find out more people are still discovering this. :D
Keenfan wrote:By the way: Are there any news on the second project, Mink?
Well, certain other projects have sprung up, but I have worked on it sporadically and do not intend to let it die.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Is series of tubes your secret level? Because I was referring to it as the coolest level.

Oh and btw, this mod reminds me of P.B. Winterbottom :P

And is it by chance possible to make a patch which could switch between keens? I mean not making clones, but changing from one keen to another? This could probably make interesting puzzles.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

after many months of deception and underhanded trickery by Mink, it is revealed...

THE TRUE RELEASE 2.

The numbering system Mink is using is false, merely a way of covering up his mistakes. The true release 2 of MPP was missing the README file, which was hastily inserted into "release 2", which is in fact release 3 by virtue of being, well, the third release. Hence we are currently at release 4, not 3. Whilst CK Guy and I have attempted to make the truth known before, these attempts have been shot down by Mink. Only now can we release to you:
Release 2 of Mink's Puzzle Pack.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

TerminILL wrote:after many months of deception and underhanded trickery by Mink, it is revealed...

THE TRUE RELEASE 2.

The numbering system Mink is using is false, merely a way of covering up his mistakes. The true release 2 of MPP was missing the README file, which was hastily inserted into "release 2", which is in fact release 3 by virtue of being, well, the third release. Hence we are currently at release 4, not 3. Whilst CK Guy and I have attempted to make the truth known before, these attempts have been shot down by Mink. Only now can we release to you:
Release 2 of Mink's Puzzle Pack.
WIN

ps :O
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Wait. What's different?
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

:O

:celtic
edit: Oops, I feel bad about leaving you hanging like that, wiivn; I definitely thought I had answered your questions a while ago :o
wiivn wrote:Is series of tubes your secret level? Because I was referring to it as the coolest level.
Ohhh, I thought you meant the Shikadi Master Control was the coolest level since it's half blue and all. But yeah, that's the secret level. I don't know why you didn't think you hadn't found it before if you had already played it... maybe it was a lot easier to discover than I had hoped?
wiivn wrote:And is it by chance possible to make a patch which could switch between keens? I mean not making clones, but changing from one keen to another? This could probably make interesting puzzles.
That would indeed be awesome, almost like The Lost Vikings, but just like with your other idea of clearing the current Keens at the press of a button, it's pretty much unfeasible thanks to engine limitations. Hell, this pack as it is already exploits so many features, I don't know how much more the engine can be pushed in directions like these.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Heh, I think the entrance to the secret level was cleverly puzzled. You could see it from afar, but even something so simple as actually reaching it made me ponder for a good while :)
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

Great Puzzles and im not a lurker :P
Lunick is Here
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

That was AWESOME.

I'll be honest; this is the first Keen level pack recently that I've actually wanted to play through fairly, rather than just god-mode through and just enjoy the design and story.

Excellent work.
time goes by 時の流れは二人を変えて行くけれど
失くしたものも夢見るものもその手を取って思い出すよ
いつも君の側で...
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I'm extremely late to this party, but I wanted to add another congratulation in the pile of praise. :) Mink, this is fun stuff!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Woo epic bump.
Anyways, this pack is absolutely great, I love the level design. The music seems a little boring to me, but it's nice too.
And those world map hazards were just evil.