Netkeen

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Commander Keen314
Grunt

Netkeen

Post by Commander Keen314 »

hey, there is a game called Netkeen that looks REALLY fun! but its hard to setup. so can sombodey walk me thourgh the steps please?
:dopefish
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

You can find instructions for setting up Netkeen on Lemm's website: http://netkeen.nfshost.com/guide.html

And on the Keenwiki: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Netkeen

If you don't have anyone to play with, you can join us for matches in the Netkeen irc channel at #netkeen on the foonetic network.

Further Netkeen discussion should be taking place here viewtopic.php?t=1856.
Commander Keen314
Grunt

well ive tried to use this walkthrough but it dosnt work for me.v >:
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

One common solution to "it doesn't work for me" is actually telling us where in the instructions you're having trouble so that we can help :dead
Commander Keen314
Grunt

could u like, make me a video showing how to do it and send it to me in a email pleasssssssssssssssssssssssse? :begging
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

A video walkthrough would be a good idea, but it should be put up on youtube for all keeners and potential keeners to see and use. :british
Commander Keen314
Grunt

RoboBlue wrote:A video walkthrough would be a good idea, but it should be put up on youtube for all keeners and potential keeners to see and use. :british
true, true. :p[/img]
Commander Keen314
Grunt

so would sombody out there make a video for us people that dont understand how to set up netkeen? :begging
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

I'm doing it right now. Wait about 30 miniutes.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBCM0MGBdTM

Fresh off the stove, a tutorial...

I apologize for the screwed up audio, its behind, and i sound possessed. :o CamStudio sucks.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Finally a video. What is -modes 2? 2 player game?
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

-nodes 2, not modes, but yes it refers to the number of players... and no, im not using yang, i find that it overcomplicates things as opposed to the opposite, especially setting it up.

[try 720p!]
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

GARGapplesauce wrote:I'm doing it right now. Wait about 30 miniutes.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBCM0MGBdTM

Fresh off the stove, a tutorial...

I apologize for the screwed up audio, its behind, and i sound possessed. :o CamStudio sucks.
When I saw that in my subscriptions it was almost enough to make me try again to get Netkeen running (not enough though as I have quite a bit of coursework at the moment). Also, CamStudio does not suck - it is awesome! CamStudio is open-source while its only real competitor is Shareware and watermarks every video produced on the free version (I think you know the software to which I refer).
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Commander Keen314
Grunt

okay, i understand how to play with other people now. but when i try to play the demo the screen just gose blue. :dead please help.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

DHeadshot wrote: When I saw that in my subscriptions it was almost enough to make me try again to get Netkeen running (not enough though as I have quite a bit of coursework at the moment). Also, CamStudio does not suck - it is awesome! CamStudio is open-source while its only real competitor is Shareware and watermarks every video produced on the free version (I think you know the software to which I refer).
Haha yes i do know the software to which you were referring *shudder*.

Ill rephrase my criticism: CamStudio's audio compresser sucks, but the program DOES work quite well.

Commander Keen314 wrote: okay, i understand how to play with other people now. but when i try to play the demo the screen just gose blue. please help.
The demo feature just allows you to play recordings that you have made of past matches and isn't actually a playable demo of the game. It will not work unless you have actually recorded a demo to play in it. Thus, you shouldn't really need it, and you're good to go.

I'll also be making a video on how to HOST a server and game in the coming week.[/quote]
Commander Keen314
Grunt

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! alright! i got the hang of this! but the file im using for netkeen is this https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?p=43709#43709 makes it a HOLE lot more easy! :o