Commander Keen 3000: Friend or Foe?

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

szemi wrote:
Paramultart wrote:
szemi wrote:@Paralmultart I know what you say. And please make the titlescreen for me.

@Hagel It's ok since KNP is old software. I'll see, but send the source code of that game-maker engine or something. Anyway first release will be in KnP, then with that source code you mentioned.
I will gladly make the title screen if you make the game as you originally planned for Friend or Foe before you renamed it to that powerpuff girl thing.
There'll be a problem I haven't mentioned: in KnP i cannot capture pictures due to an unknown problem, which i can't explain. That Powerpuff girl thing? How do you mean?
You originally had an awesome mod idea called Friend or Foe... Battle for the Justice.

It was exciting. I wanted to do the title screen for that mod, and see it continued exactly the way it was! With the red yorps and stuff!

:) >: :dead2 :begging :birthday :p :o

I VOTE NO KnP!
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

To let you know i'm making Keen 3000 in KnP, sorry.

Anyway if you ask, the FRIEND OR FOE was going to be the serie of my GRAND INTELLIGENCE 1-3 mod, but I changed it to "THE PARALLEL UNIVERSE IS TOAST!" It's kinda like the "INVASION OF THE VORTICONS"

But now i use Friend or Foe for Keen 3000.

Moreover THE GRAND INTELLIGENCE episode one is Cybernetic Dream
the second will be The World is in Trouble, the third will be Moment of the Justice. And the fourth is in progress.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Why did you throw away "Battle for the Justice"?
I was personally looking forward to it! :(

Also, I still vote no KnP!
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

This sounds good, but I'm also with no KnP.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I also don't think you should use K&P (it's buggy as all hell and will probably give you more garg than you expect), plus it's not very compatible with Windows 7, but if you have your heart set on doing it then I won't stop you. You'll still be able to make a game, buggy or otherwise.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Ok, listen, but carefully, because I don't wanna be rude, but i'm fed up!

I maximally understand everybody that KnP is that buggy, I maximally understand you want good for me to not to make buggy games and so on and everything. BUT, sorry I picked this project up and Keen 3000: Friend or Foe? is my project,ok? And I don't care if you vote no KnP. I decided to make it in KnP and I won't change my plan. Just look at the other Keen games was made with KnP.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Sszemi is a brilliant game designer that must not be questioned. He tells the fans what they want instead of giving them what they ask for.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Sszemi is a brilliant game designer that must not be questioned. He tells the fans what they want instead of giving them what they ask for.
So? I'm a brilliant game designer?
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Sszemi is a brilliant game designer that must not be questioned. He tells the fans what they want instead of giving them what they ask for.
What? It's not like it's szemi's job to pander to our wishes and make what we want him to. This is his personal project and if he wants to use K&P he should be able to use K&P. I only advised against it because it's a crappy and obsolete program, but if szemi follows through and uses it to make his fangame (which it sounds like he will), then I won't care and I'll still be happy to play it.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Szemi, can you still finish Battle For The Justice as a separate game, and use the work you've already done on it for the original Friend or Foe?
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

StupidBunny wrote:
What? It's not like it's szemi's job to pander to our wishes and make what we want him to. This is his personal project and if he wants to use K&P he should be able to use K&P. I only advised against it because it's a crappy and obsolete program, but if szemi follows through and uses it to make his fangame (which it sounds like he will), then I won't care and I'll still be happy to play it.
When people THOROUGHLY CRITICIZED ME for making Shmaynoria 2 in Game Maker, I cancelled the project. It's a good thing that I did, because now VBB and I have started the project from scratch sometime in mid December and it's way better than I ever dreamed it would be.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Paramultart wrote:Szemi, can you still finish Battle For The Justice as a separate game, and use the work you've already done on it for the original Friend or Foe?
After Keen 3000 I can finish, but Battle For The Justice won't be Keen 1-3 or mod anymore, but I think it'll be my Martinez McMeyer episode 4's title then ;)
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Can I make Battle Of The Justice on Vorticons if you're not going to?
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

I'll use it for my Martinez McMeyer 4's title.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Sorry for the double post, but it's very important.

After i'm done with the game, i'll change Keen's sprite in the whole game.