Fan-art thread

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

A wonderful friend of mine has drawn up some lovely fan art after playing the unofficial TUIT:

DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

OMG!......
omg....
This is marvellous!!!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

omaaan, if ever there was a serious Commander Keen cartoon, or in fact a newly released game, this would be the definitive style to use.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

That totally steals the show of other fanarts

I hope there'll be more colorings, I especially like that Imposter Keen pic, but they're all pretty perfect.
"....a wonderful friend..." sounds like you're talking about a girl. :love

About that Beaker Keen: I'd say he shouldn't have fingernails. I watched the Muppets yesterday, and I don't recall beaker having more than glove-like hands.

(Haven't used emotikeens at all in a while so time to use my favourite emotikeen again to close this post)

Image You crack me up little buddy!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Those are absolutely perfect. Just absolutely perfect.

They remind me of the style the Asterix comics are done in. (Or maybe more the Dogmatix spin-off.)

But yeah, all those debates about how Keen should look with non-pure-white skin and would it ever work? See above.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Wow, really awesome and fitting style for Keen artwork. As mentioned it looks like a good Commander Keen cartoon could look. :)
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Tulip wrote:sounds like you're talking about a girl.
Sshh, she's lurking :p
Commander Spleen wrote:if ever there was a serious Commander Keen cartoon, or in fact a newly released game, this would be the definitive style to use.
++, it's true. Also the artist does an incredible Keen voice; if ever there is a Keen cartoon, she's my first choice for Keen's voice actor. Must ask her to record something.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

I love the hand drawn ones. I wish I could draw free hand as well as I can on the computer, but that would take me years of practice.
tulip wrote: About that Beaker Keen: I'd say he shouldn't have fingernails. I watched the Muppets yesterday, and I don't recall beaker having more than glove-like hands.
Keening_Product wrote:How does it look with the arms darker? (Merge the two deeper greys and make the white a grey.)
Well I just noticed that Keen has only 3 fingers anyway so I didn't need to change that. But shifting the arm/hand shades down make it look pretty dark.

XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Holy cow! That's spectacular. I definitely get an 80s "Care Bears" vibe from the art style--and I mean that with all the love in my heart as a child of that era. ;)

I've been looking for a new wallpaper for a while--thanks! :D
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

I'm convinced Gargs can look a LOT scarier, but I probably won't be the one to pull it off correctly.

VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I love whoever drew the imposter keen and such above. These are fantastic.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Ahhhh so much good stuff here. Great stuff, I should say, especially by you, guynietoren, and Ceilick's friend. Just wanted to say. Thanks for posting! I'm working on a little something that'll be done in a few days. Cheers!
That garg above looks like it's running away from something scary, rather than being scary running at something. Love it!
tulip wrote:I hope there'll be more colorings, I especially like that Imposter Keen pic, but they're all pretty perfect.
EDIT: A few days later... Here we are. I was just doing a bit of 16-bit coloring. Hope you don't mind.

I took a brake from modding, you see, and needed a little hobby for a few days. Now I'm tired of coloring and want to get back to modding. So the picture is unfinished. Mainly I just wanted to see what the cover would look like this this art. No idea where the "The Universe is Toast" text would go. There seems to be no room since the red rock behind Keen is covered up. Maybe on Imposter's helmet? Oh well. Notice that Keen and the Imposter is switched in the pic below for lighting purposes. Here's a look:

Last edited by troublesomekeen on Tue Aug 25, 2015 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Ceilick wrote:A wonderful friend of mine has drawn up some lovely fan art after playing the unofficial TUIT:
Wonderful drawings, especially the coloured BotB screen and the confrontation between the Imposter and Keen himself :) Makes me want to grab my pen and paper.

The style reminds me of something, classic Disney (Aladdin, The Princess and the Frog) perhaps?
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Grimson wrote: The style reminds me of something, classic Disney (Aladdin, The Princess and the Frog) perhaps?
I spit on your definition of "classic Disney"; however, Ceilick's friend's artwork is absolutely fantastic. I also agree with Spleen that any new Keen games should have completely hand-drawn graphics, looking similar to a 90's cartoon or something, and be exactly in that style.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

...Yeah, I'd thought the Princess and the Frog came out recently.

But I think those above images are awesome enough to render the arguments invalid :D
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.