Muscial live performances / gigs

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

CK Guy wrote:I'm probably gonna see Yes in July. Woowoo!
It's official, I'm going!!
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

I just went to see Jethro Tull yesterday. They were very good, even better than last time I think because they played a more varied selection of songs (last time they played (I think) the entire aqualung album, I think it was the anniversary tour for that album). Some members of Mostly Autumn opened for them and joined them on stage for a few songs, which got me somewhat interested in checking out that band...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Ok, I think it's safe to mark this one on my schedule:
Scooter in Berlin, Germany, 8th August 2008 :D :yorp :punk Wooohooooo!!

Edit: And Hocico a week later in Finland. :D
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

on thursday the 29 of last month (may) i went to my 1st comedy show. i saw the chaser boys doing the chaser's age of terror variety hour at costa hall in geelong. very much like the war but with some new skits & yes they never leave scientology they spoked fun at tom cruise's religion but it was very funny they could have limited the swearing but what is comedy these days without it
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

Did anyone else here go to Bonnaroo? That was the greatest time of my entire life!!! Except for when Jack Johnson played.
Member since 2003, with breaks of varying longevity interspersed.
xtraverse
Stranded Fish

Post by xtraverse »

Bonnaroo was pretty awesome. My favorite acts were MSTRKRFT, Ghostland Observatory, and Sigur Ros.
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

Nice, I got xtraverse out of hiding.

Ghostland Observatory were definitely awesome. I saw them on Austin City Limits and have been dying to see them since. Their albums have both hits and misses, but their live shows are incredible. I was impressed with Sigur Ros as well (I'd never actually heard their music before then). I'm just dissapointed I missed Vampire Weekend.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

On Friday, I bought my ticket to VNV Nation, playing at the Hi-Fi Bar in Melbourne on August 15th. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Bag Raiders are playing next weekend in Melbourne, but I don't know if I'll make that one. It'd be great to see a band with such chiptuney influences live sometime. It's the second Melbourne gig I've heard of in a couple of months, so hopefully they'll be back again in short duration...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Saw Hocico live yesterday, raw and cruel! :mortlol Woohooo!
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

I went down to Chicago yesterday with my friends to see Joanna Newsom perform with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect as I'd never listened to her before, but she was pretty great.

Weezer's coming to Detroit in September. Might have to go see them if I don't have any other obligations before then.
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

Seems my taste of music is rather different from yours.

These are the famous bands I've seen:
Thine Eyes Bleed
Lamb of God
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Trivium
Nightwish
Dragon Force
Machine Head
Within Temptation
Varnagel

and Slayer. (It's pretty odd, I actually fell asleep during the Slayer concert and slept for about an hour.. :o )

I was also a part of the audience in both "Play! A Videogame Symphony"-concerts. It was great :D
xtraverse
Stranded Fish

Post by xtraverse »

Metal is good, but progmetal is better. Try out Opeth, Symphony X, Dream Theater, etc..
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

VNV Nation was great. One of the best shows I've seen, possibly even the best, but Rage Against The Machine at the Big Day Out earlier this year is a difficult one to dislodge.

The next show I'm attending is Covenant along with a few other Industrial/EBM bands, in October. Woot.
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

Now just to turn things around here, has anyone ever been IN a band before that's played a gig? I once played tambourine in a friend's band and lipsynched to the Beatles and being on stage is a HUGE rush. It's freaking amazing.

Edit: Well technically I wasn't in a band during either of those things, but I've always wanted to be in one dammit!
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

xtraverse wrote:Metal is good, but progmetal is better. Try out Opeth, Symphony X, Dream Theater, etc..
The taste in music is a very individual thing, I've tryed Dream Theatre and they're kinda good but not that good.
Actually, I've tryed out all kinds of genres and I kinda like 'em all.
Even if there's alot of genres I prefer ahead of metal, metalband just has the best live performances (In my opinion) and funniest concerts.