PCKF Movie Club

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

So I assume the movie was so bad that you all silently decided: "never again"?
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

candyjack wrote:So I assume the movie was so bad that you all silently decided: "never again"?
As with anything else, like the netkeen tournament, or the keen olympics, people just don't care to be bothered for stuff which can in any way fall in the category of slightly not necessary, despite some supposed enthusiasm.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Scarlet wrote:As with anything else, like the netkeen tournament, or the keen olympics, people just don't care to be bothered for stuff which can in any way fall in the category of slightly not necessary, despite some supposed enthusiasm.
And, yaknow, some of us are too busy with work and don't get paid enough to afford to rent out/buy random movies.

Maybe a different approach: Choose a theme and we all report back on a movie which we know which follows that theme, meaning there are a bunch of reviews from which we can determine if something looks good or not?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Keening_Product wrote:
Scarlet wrote:As with anything else, like the netkeen tournament, or the keen olympics, people just don't care to be bothered for stuff which can in any way fall in the category of slightly not necessary, despite some supposed enthusiasm.
And, yaknow, some of us are too busy with work and don't get paid enough to afford to rent out/buy random movies.

Maybe a different approach: Choose a theme and we all report back on a movie which we know which follows that theme, meaning there are a bunch of reviews from which we can determine if something looks good or not?
If someone is too busy that that someone should not show much interest.

People showed interest in netkeen knowing it will require some time! And some of them never showed up at all, or only showed up for one day!
(And it doesn't take much time either btw)
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Scarlet wrote:People showed interest in netkeen knowing it will require some time! And some of them never showed up at all, or only showed up for one day!
That's because the NetKeen tournament was terribly planned: It assumed everyone on the internet was going to be available at the right time all the time. You have to design tournaments on the internet in such a way as to allow people to come and go as they please: A leaderboard of wins/losses presented as a percentage, for example. Put it in tiers of how many games have been played, so it's the highest win percentage for 20 games and under, then the highest percentage in 21-40 and so on. That allows people to play as many games as they have the time for and still be involved.

Anyway, this is way off-topic.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

oh man I totally forgot about this. And I really planned to watch that movie. The worst part now that I re-read this topic is that it was August already. I hate it when time flies like that and I haven't done anything meaningful in between.
I'd still like to keep this movie club up, if someone else is still interested.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

tulip wrote:oh man I totally forgot about this. And I really planned to watch that movie. The worst part now that I re-read this topic is that it was August already. I hate it when time flies like that and I haven't done anything meaningful in between.
I'd still like to keep this movie club up, if someone else is still interested.
You, me, and who else?
Stay classy, Scarlet.
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

Me.
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

When's this garg getting down yo I've been waiting in anticipation for months.

We can actually watch it together using Synctube.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

candyjack wrote:When's this garg getting down yo I've been waiting in anticipation for months.

We can actually watch it together using Synctube.
There is a lack of interest I'd say.
Stay classy, Scarlet.