Own some 'Keen comic' originals - free! :)

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Own some 'Keen comic' originals - free! :)

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

You've seen the comics and the animations... Things like "Commander Keen: Ten Years On" and "The Chasm of Strife" (now offline).
How would you like to own the originals that I drew on paper before they were scanned and coloured?
Over the course of the next two weeks, I'm giving away as much of my old drawings/sketchings on paper, from all the stuff I've done for online amusement. All I'm asking for is postage & packaging moneys. After all, most of the animations & comix were free as well.

In most cases it'll cost me about US$3 to mail pieces of paper internationally. (That figure includes Paypal fees and likely exchange rates.) Please feel free to add extra donations on top of that figure if you desire. :begging
Paypal address: frencheroticfilm @ hotmail . com

Just tell me what kind of stuff you want in particular from my collection (I'm pretty sure I never threw anything out) and I'll mail it to you, folded, in an A5 envelope. Among the originals, I have such classics as:

:dopefish Drawings for "Commander Keen: Ten Years On", the first thing I put online that got me some internet famousness.)

:dopefish Drawings for "Eat Your Veggies" - the game show comic.

:dopefish That "Keen of the Future" series that began with the "Colonel Cyclone" parody game.

:dopefish Dopefish Of The Week!

:dopefish "The Universe is Toast" - the Chasm of Strife comics that showed how I thought the Keen series should end.

:dopefish "This Strife" comics and other miscellanea.

:dopefish Heck, I probably have some drawings from "XAX" still lying around, even though that series got shelved before anyone really found out what it was about! Probably no "secret pics" you haven't already seen, though.

:dopefish Design & development material from many of my animations, including Frosty vs Rudolf, and stuff from my x-rated comics & animations, if you know what I'm talking about. (You know what I'm talking about.) Also TOFA, USC3, and a few Lemon Demon animations, I think.

:dopefish Anti-Pokemon stuff from 1999 and 2000, when I first started harnessing the power of the interwebs.

:dopefish Frames from Mulletboy animations, from my pre-Flash days.

:dopefish Stuff that never made it onto the internet, including comics that nobody has ever seen apart from me and maybe a few friends in real life. I'll probably add some of this to a few envelopes anyway.

(Not my GCW stuff. I'm hanging onto that.)

But be quick - FIRST IN, FIRST SERVED. I've already had an order from one Keen fan on some other forums that I posted this on. ;)

As heartbreaking as it is for a packrat like me to part with these things, I don't really have a choice since I'm relocating soon and can't take it all with me, this time. It would help me sleep at night if these souvenirs of my legacy (such as it is) ended up with people who value them at being at least worth three bucks. :D And who knows, maybe someday they'll be worth a fortune, in which case it would be a shame if they no longer existed because I threw them in the trash in a few weeks from now.

:begging
Last edited by Toomuchsparetime on Sun Sep 14, 2008 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

There's an image in Commander Keen: Ten Years On" which has Billy absolutely stuffing his face with the assortment of sugar items. This is, without question, my favorite Keen-related image ever...

I'll PayPal you US$5 for it. :)
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Haha SOLD! :D Any other goodies in particular? If not, I'll choose some for you instead.

:dopefish Also I have character designs from an indy game I was involved with (which was abandoned of course), inspired by Commander Keen. It was called... ummm... argh I can't even remember the character's name now... the "hero"'s arch-nemesis was called Krezblain von Krool, and the first episode was "The Universe Sucks" where you go around killing aliens and robots.

Edit: Maniacal Max! That was it. :mortlol:
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Score!

What address am I PayPal paying to?
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Wow...I remember ALL of that stuff. It's a matter of deciding just what I want...

Just out of curiosity, do you still have the gifs of GCW on your computer or somewhere like that? The links are all breaking on the website (Geocities' fault, I imagine) and so I can't see a lot of the cartoons.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Paypal address: frencheroticfilm @ hotmail . com
I'm not sure how many of the finished GCW episodes I have... I know the first few series up to around 2003 are backed up on CD... I had many HD errors and hosting problems after that, so I don't know if the rest are complete or not. I haven't been bothered to check, actually. :3
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

You should try to get all that stuff you've done and released during the years hosted in one single place! It's priceless. ;)

And yeah, I'd like pretty much all of this stuff. :D But I don't know if I can use Paypal or not. :garg I only have mom's credit card, anyways. Hm...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Payments to Paypal addresses can be made with credit cards too! ^_^
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Done. :) Thanks, TMST!
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Your order hasn't come through yet, Xky. :confused
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

aww fucl :( i dont have paypal
(i used to be ME!)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Trippy, US$5.00 = 2 * AU$3.14 today. I was going to sent AU$8, but the novelty was too good to pass up.

Just throw some random bits of the Keen stuff together. Some 10 Years On or This Stife would be classy if they're still there.

What was Xax? I recall something about it, but nothing particularly coherent comes to mind.

Sucks that you have to get rid of all that stuff, but we'll take good care of it all for you!

Hmm... guess I should send you a postal address, eh?
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Commander Spleen wrote:Hmm... guess I should send you a postal address, eh?
I can send him your address. :evil The stuff might accidentally end up here, though... :mort

Edit: Woooo! :christmas I think I've managed to send you $6.30 (2 * 3.15) USD via Paypal! Send some stuff this way, please! :drool Do you have that TUIT comic title page, where's that giant toaster? I'd love that! Also, do you got the family portrait that's in the beginning of CK:10YO? And that picture from CK:10YO where Keen's performing with his music group Perigree (the one where's he and Dash and Lindsey). :) Oh, and that Colonel Cyclone thing. And perhaps one cool Dopefish Of The Day pic, you decide. That stuff is all so great!! Please throw in more if you want to, something Mort related could be nice too. :) Fucl, I'm getting greedy and this is probably too much already... :mortlol I need to send you more money soon... :o But at least the three first I mentioned would be super, those others if you can. :) I'll send you a PM about my postal address! Thanks a lot for this stuff, again! (Now just get even more famous and we get the value of this stuff rising!)

Damn, Xky has got the best picture. :lol That picture is a classic.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

Woah! Splendid!

Actually, there is a particular picture I truly love. It's the picture of Tom Hall from Commander Keen: 10 Years On.

I'd pay you for that one if you haven't sold it already..

Edit: I'd pay you more for more pictures :p I just have to find my favourites and tell you I want to _buy_ them.
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

photos would indeed be nice so that one can see what on sale
(i used to be ME!)