Let's Play?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
biffstudly
Vortininja

Let's Play?

Post by biffstudly »

I have some kind of crazy feeling that I posted this ages ago under a different username, however I could just be crazy.

Back in 2008 I did a Let's Play of Keen 4.

For those of you who might not know what a Let's Play (Or LP) is, it's playing a video game while recording commentary to go along with your video recording. It's evolved into a HUGE community on youtube (as well as vimeo and viddler).

So back to my LP. It was the first one I ever did, so quality is not that great (Even though it's my most viewed series haha). So, hopefully somebody will enjoy this even though it's old and this community had collectively played Keen 4 through a million times.

If you're interested too, there's about three quarters of a Hocus Pocus LP, a full Jill of the Jungle LP, and a few other broken, unfinished projects that'll HOPEFULLY get finished eventually. Oh and part of a Keen 5 LP which showcases how absolutely bad I am at that game.

so without further ado here's a link to the Keen 4 playlist!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL32833E08C19A1841

Oh and also, I'm aware i'm not very funny :(
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well in one of your videos, you suddenly sneeze. That was so unexpected, it was hilarious. :D
CthulhuToo
Grunt

Re: Let's Play?

Post by CthulhuToo »

biffstudly wrote: So, hopefully somebody will enjoy this even though it's old and this community had collectively played Keen 4 through a million times.
Very cool! I'm going to start my own LP tomorrow (01/05/13), and I hope to cover the entire Keen series. I've been doing LPs of Minecraft for a few months now, and I think that Keen will really help me to branch out.
biffstudly
Vortininja

Post by biffstudly »

Here's a little boomp, I just finished Keen 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60NDok3rZqo

Warning, I kind of swear like a sailor.

Enjoy!
CthulhuToo
Grunt

Post by CthulhuToo »

biffstudly wrote:Here's a little boomp, I just finished Keen 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60NDok3rZqo

Warning, I kind of swear like a sailor.

Enjoy!
Oh man, the nostalgia! I used to know those CK 4&5 levels like the back of my hand, but watching that video felt so weird. Familiar, but also not. Can't wait to play it myself!
biffstudly
Vortininja

Post by biffstudly »

Haha exactly, I still get confused as hell when I go back and play Keen 6. I'm not sure what it is, but the level layouts in that game never really stuck. I'm probably going to do KD next as I can't stand the guy who did it's voice. Not that I'll do better, but I like to think my speaking voice isn't that horrendous. (Though that doesn't reflect on my singing voice at all xD)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

One day I shall let's play, with monotone delivery. It shall be the dullest LP ever.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Fixing on Let's Playing a bit myself. But I can't concentrate on playing and talking at the same time. So what I think I'll do is record, and add vocals afterward. Probably even write a script xP
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
CthulhuToo
Grunt

Post by CthulhuToo »

troublesomekeen wrote:Fixing on Let's Playing a bit myself. But I can't concentrate on playing and talking at the same time. So what I think I'll do is record, and add vocals afterward. Probably even write a script xP
I've seen that done very successfully. It's more work than I'd be willing to do, but more power to you!
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
biffstudly
Vortininja

Post by biffstudly »

Hey ladies and gents, got another video for you here, as always if you don't want to hear me swearing, don't click.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJmjaemocJ4

And this marks the start of a KD LP, which honestly I think is going to last for one more video if I don't mess anything up TOO horribly.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

*Makes note of 'swearing'*

*Clicks link*

*Title is 'Holy fucl my computer's loud'*

*Closes window*
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
biffstudly
Vortininja

Post by biffstudly »

Levellass wrote:*Makes note of 'swearing'*

*Clicks link*

*Title is 'Holy fucl my computer's loud'*

*Closes window*
Oh shoot thanks for mentioning that, I thought I changed that while the video was uploading. It's holy broccoli now xD that was the intended title. My bad!