Interest in a Let's Play?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
biffstudly
Vortininja

Post by biffstudly »

Also I'd love to guest commentate if that's something you'd be interested in. I find it's easier to have an amusing commentary when you have two people riffing off each other. It's a lot easier to do now that livestream exists.
CthulhuToo
Grunt

Post by CthulhuToo »

biffstudly wrote:Also I'd love to guest commentate if that's something you'd be interested in.
I would absolutely be interested in that. I've never tried livestreaming and I'm not sure how my system would handle it (I made it fairly low-budget), but I'll test it out and see how things go.
CthulhuToo
Grunt

Post by CthulhuToo »

For those interested, here's my next episode that I just put up today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm4qdrYAzOE

Also, biffstudly, I really enjoyed your first KD episode! I'll keep my eyes open for the next one.
biffstudly
Vortininja

Post by biffstudly »

CthulhuToo wrote:For those interested, here's my next episode that I just put up today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm4qdrYAzOE

Also, biffstudly, I really enjoyed your first KD episode! I'll keep my eyes open for the next one.

Big ol' bump for you because that's an awesome LP. Keep on Keening on! :D
CthulhuToo
Grunt

Post by CthulhuToo »

biffstudly wrote: Big ol' bump for you because that's an awesome LP. Keep on Keening on! :D
Hey Studly, you still up for that co-commentary? I've gotten some new hardware, so I think I can make it work now. I've just started CK3, but I thought it'd be fun to have you along for 4.
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

I'm interested in doing a Keen Let's Play myself. I have a Blue Yeti Microphone, Audacity, and ZD Game Recorder. I've just acquired all three of these, so I don't know how to utilize them to make an LP yet.

What's the best method to make a live commentary LP? Do I use one program to record audio and a separate program to record video, or is there a program that can do both simultaneously?
CthulhuToo
Grunt

Post by CthulhuToo »

Duplex wrote: What's the best method to make a live commentary LP? Do I use one program to record audio and a separate program to record video, or is there a program that can do both simultaneously?
Congrats! I think you're going to have a lot of fun. I'm not familiar with the ZD recorder. Many recorders grab both the system and mic audio (like FRAPS or Camtasia). I've also heard of Bandicam and Dxtory, but I've never tried those. Regardless, you can definitely grab the two audio tracks separately, but that makes editing a little more of a hassle.
Let me know if you have any more questions as you get started, and I can try to help!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Bandicam might seem pretty strange at first because it's not as user-friendly as fraps, but it records at a decent quality and is much faster than fraps. I had trouble with recording in dosbox though and have since given up. For example, the low-end PC preset records at a pretty good youtube 360p quality and barely even slows my computer down.