Seriously?

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Vitaminzach
Grunt

Seriously?

Post by Vitaminzach »

I did a search and didn't see anything... is this a joke or something?
What's up with member id #49?
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Shockshund?
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

What are you talking about?
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I don't know if it's a joke or not, and I think it is as I can see the e-mail address of it, but if not, at least it hasn't caused any harm yet...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Well, Shockshund is a fairly "obvious" username, as in one that's likely to occur to several people totally seperately, since it's just the name of a Keen enemy.

So it doesn't necessarily mean it's the same guy, I mean if there had been a troll called "Garg", someone else might use the same or similar name without meaning it to be related.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Yeah... but I *HIGHLY* doubt that it's someone new. There wouldn't be someone signing up with that name this soon. In fact I doubt there are any new members joining right now. All the people signing up are from the old PCKF so... the person obviously knows about the name.

I say, change the password and leave it just to make sure no one new accidentlally signs up with the name. I have nothing against signing up with the name, it's just what it represents to the community. It would just be weird to see "shockshund" posting everywhere. I think I would be nervous to click on any topics made by the person. :p
Djaser wrote:What are you talking about?
https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=55 Were talking about that, someone signing up with the name "ShOcKsHuNd".
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

As I said before, it's using the e-mail address of one person here in the forums, or well, different address than that person uses here as two members can't have the same address, but with the same name in the e-mail address -- and I doubt ol' Shocks would first make an address with someone else's username and use that to register. 8) I guess I could delete it just as well.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Galaxieretter wrote:Yeah... but I *HIGHLY* doubt that it's someone new. There wouldn't be someone signing up with that name this soon. In fact I doubt there are any new members joining right now. All the people signing up are from the old PCKF so... the person obviously knows about the name.
I see a lot names that I've never seen before.
I say, change the password and leave it just to make sure no one new accidentlally signs up with the name.
If it's him I don't know if it's smart to throw him of so soon, he could easily make ten new accounts and flood the forums with his typical topics.
And then again... It could also be someone else who doesn't know about this.
Djaser wrote:What are you talking about?
https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=55 Were talking about that, someone signing up with the name "ShOcKsHuNd".
I've seen it but I am not sure how that relates to the first line in his post.
Aaaah, not the bees!
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

KeenRush wrote:As I said before, it's using the e-mail address of one person here in the forums, or well, different address than that person uses here as two members can't have the same address, but with the same name in the e-mail address -- and I doubt ol' Shocks would first make an address with someone else's username and use that to register. 8)
Or is he really smart?
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

He must be genius. :dopekeen Well, he's gone from this board now, too. :mort
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Galaxieretter wrote:Yeah... but I *HIGHLY* doubt that it's someone new. There wouldn't be someone signing up with that name this soon.
Why not? It happened only a few days ago on here...

EDIT: who was the guy, anyway?
Last edited by DaVince on Wed Nov 07, 2007 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Hmm. I don't know if it was a good idea to delete him with no evidence yet that he's the same shockshund... :confused
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

elecdude33 wrote:Hmm. I don't know if it was a good idea to delete him with no evidence yet that he's the same shockshund... :confused
Well, he can feel free to join again, but as his e-mail address had the same username part as one member here has, I think it was just a joke by that person. And I doubt nobody other than Shock would join seriously with name "ShOcKhUnD" or something like that. :crazy
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Yeah, it could have been a joke.
ShikadiLord
Grunt

Post by ShikadiLord »

You won't ban me for this, I suppose (I am the almighty Shadow Master).

And yes, Shadow Master can give you a complete explanation of why he has to register ShikadiLord everywhere. Starting with his HQ...
Witty comment.